hermie54

Gapless Audio Cd Finally Fixed?

Question

Hi all!

Has anyone tried burning a gapless audio CD (or one with the original gaps in the files burned gapless without Toast 8's ticks) with Toast 9 yet? Still using version 7 for this since it has never been fixed in Toast 8. I mean, every new version puts on more layers of bloat, but basic functions seem te be on the back burner. Let's hope it works again in this iteration so I can upgrade. People who know what I'm babbling on about will probably agree that burning a disc from EAC extracted files with track change sounds inserted doesn't exactly do justice to the whole concept of EAC now, does it?

Have fun, Hermie

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the info freshburn!

Unbelievable though, really. Whole threads have been written about this glitch and I'm not the only one experiencing it either. Still, as usual, no action from Roxio... Which means I have to stick with Toast 7. No idea if that one will still run when I finally upgrade to 10.5. If it doesn't that means there's probably no way to burn a decent audio disc on a Mac anymore and just for that I'd hafta buy a PC? Hmmm, perhaps I missed a small competitor? Hey Roxio, can you make Toast 10 do the vacuming or drive a car? Jeez. Sorry guys, frustrated by Roxio yet again...

Thank you for the info freshburn!

Unbelievable though, really. Whole threads have been written about this glitch and I'm not the only one experiencing it either. Still, as usual, no action from Roxio... Which means I have to stick with Toast 7. No idea if that one will still run when I finally upgrade to 10.5.

FWIW, Toast 6 runs on 10.5 for me, and worked ok on my G4 Powerbook under 10.5. However on my new MacBook Pro, Toast 6 will not burn gapless audio CDs. What exactly is the problem you've had with it in Toast 8? I was planning to buy Toast 9 in the hopes that it would fix the problems I've had with Toast 6 and gapless audio CDs on my new machine, but if it's totally broken, I'm not sure what I'll do (since even the older version no longer works right on my new hardware)....

Toast 8 came with an audio fading and what not editor built in, probably from Jam. Fine of course, were it not for the fact that gapless now comes with an audible track change on the burned disc. No way to get rid of it, which is why I used Toast 7 for Exact Audio Copy discs. Going through all the effort in getting it all setup to get an exact copy (and I mean really exact) gets rather spoiled when one hears a sound every track change. In the mean time I found a freebie called Burn (Open Source it seems). Already asked the author about its Audio Disc capabilities...

Oh my... IT'S GONE!!! Must be dreaming. Listen again... Ear warmers on, here we go... There! It should occur there! But it doesn't. Which means it's vanished into thin air. Hell, I don't care where it's gone to but at last it is gone. The audible click between two tracks introduced in Toast 8 and carried into Toast 9 isn't there anymore.

A while ago I gave up and went back to Toast 7 for burning bit-perfect audio discs and forgot about the problem, but now I finally gave Toast 904 another try. No idea what happened but the problem is gone. I even saved some disc images and then opened them up in Amadeus Pro to stretch the wave form. Nothing visible anymore there either.

Goody, so now I'll finally ditch Toast 7 from my machine, which leaves 904 only. Just letting you know, guys. For me the audio part finally works fine!