Problem With Streamer

wdrjtv

Question

I love what I have experienced so far with Toast 9. Can't seem to get Steamer to work. It imports the movie just fine when you select

the radio button "start streaming," I get the spinning colored wheel then nothing ever happens, (except if I look at the status of the program

it eventually returns a message of program not responding.)

Is there something I am missing about how to make the server work? Does a network setting need to be changed?

I am working off of Mac OS 10.5.2. Thank You.

9 answers to this question

I love what I have experienced so far with Toast 9. Can't seem to get Steamer to work. It imports the movie just fine when you select

the radio button "start streaming," I get the spinning colored wheel then nothing ever happens, (except if I look at the status of the program

it eventually returns a message of program not responding.)

Is there something I am missing about how to make the server work? Does a network setting need to be changed?

I am working off of Mac OS 10.5.2. Thank You.

Did you already set up your account with Roxio so you get your specific url needed to access the stream? I am running on 10.5.2 and haven't had any problems however I have only tried one 22 minutes show.

Might want to try a reboot.

Greg

I can stream OK within my own network but am unable to stream outside my network. Haven't figured out how to "open up" my network. It is not like there are a lot of documentation.

Did you already set up your account with Roxio so you get your specific url needed to access the stream? I am running on 10.5.2 and haven't had any problems however I have only tried one 22 minutes show.

Might want to try a reboot.

Greg

I'm also having a problem with Streamer. I start the streaming feature, add a video (a Quicktime MOV) and Toast opens and converts it to M4V. Nothing happens. The M4V is actually added to the /~/Documents/Streamer Videos/ folder. I try to add the M4V file to the stream and Toast opens again and converts it again as another M4V file. Any clues as to what my problem is?

I can stream OK within my own network but am unable to stream outside my network. Haven't figured out how to "open up" my network. It is not like there are a lot of documentation.

In your router you need to forward port 10080 to your local machine or enable UPnP. If you have an airport router enable NAT-PMP. If NAT-PMP or UPNP are enabled. Streamer will automatically open the port. If not forward it by hand.

I'm also having a problem with Streamer. I start the streaming feature, add a video (a Quicktime MOV) and Toast opens and converts it to M4V. Nothing happens. The M4V is actually added to the /~/Documents/Streamer Videos/ folder. I try to add the M4V file to the stream and Toast opens again and converts it again as another M4V file. Any clues as to what my problem is?

Try changing your streamer settings to high or medium from low. Go to the streamer preferences, on the advanced tab you can set the streaming quality. Then restart the app an see if the video appears. If you can open the file in Quicktime and post the video's data rate and video size that would help.

Same thing here. I can stream locally, but the first time I tried to set up a "short name" with the program, I got the message: "Please check your Internet connection and try again. Error=500" - there's no "try again" button, but subsequent attempts with different "short names" from two locations and three computers (all with NAT enabled AND with port 10080 forwarded) have all received the same error message "Please check your Internet connection and try again. Error=500". My Toast 9 has been registered, as well, on the off chance that you think the serial number for Toast 9 has anything to do with the streamer account...

I'm also getting the "error=500" message when I try to setup Streamer. I am told to check my internet connection (which is fine, otherwise my posting this message would be impossible).

And if I ignore the error and go to streamer.roxio.com/username, I get the error that my username is not registered.

I'm beginning to regret this upgrade already.

cnsayre

Try changing your streamer settings to high or medium from low. Go to the streamer preferences, on the advanced tab you can set the streaming quality. Then restart the app an see if the video appears. If you can open the file in Quicktime and post the video's data rate and video size that would help.

Sorry it took me so long to respond; work things were taking up my time. So I changed the streaming settings in Streamer and tried both Medium and and High; no difference.

Here is a breakdown of the movie information:

Original MOV File

• 640 X 480
  • 487.66 kbits/s

M4V File (Medium Streaming)

• 480 X 360
  • 413.45 kbits/s

M4V File (High Streaming)

• 480 X 360
  • 955.91 kbits/s

If you are curious as to what the movie is, it is only an export iPhoto album. Nothing fancy, doesn't even have any audio attached to it. I did try some other MOV files and they are being added to the stream fine, regardless of the type of quality that they are being streamed.

Same thing here. I can stream locally, but the first time I tried to set up a "short name" with the program, I got the message: "Please check your Internet connection and try again. Error=500" - there's no "try again" button, but subsequent attempts with different "short names" from two locations and three computers (all with NAT enabled AND with port 10080 forwarded) have all received the same error message "Please check your Internet connection and try again. Error=500". My Toast 9 has been registered, as well, on the off chance that you think the serial number for Toast 9 has anything to do with the streamer account...

The serial number has nothing to do with registration of the shortname... we're looking at this issue and possible causes... we may need more information from you shortly.

Thanks

I'm also getting the "error=500" message when I try to setup Streamer. I am told to check my internet connection (which is fine, otherwise my posting this message would be impossible).

And if I ignore the error and go to streamer.roxio.com/username, I get the error that my username is not registered.

I'm beginning to regret this upgrade already.

cnsayre

Same here.

• Time Capsule is set up to use NAT.

• Configured port Mapping for 10080

• Configured my Firewall to allow all all incoming access for Streamer

• Turned off my Firewall

• Yelled at my computer

Still no love (error -500, check your internet connection). Come on Roxio, through us a bone here!

Archived