• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mixer Is Null Error

rick_duhrkopf

Question

When I try and edit any video I get an error 80004005 and when I get details, I get a Mixer is Null response. I have downloaded the EMC8_nullmixer patch and installed it. I still get the same thing. Anyone know what this error is and how to deal with it. I have sat on hold all morning and ROXIO's techs never answer. Could it be they are overwhelmed?

Rick

7 answers to this question

Where did you playback the DVD? ON the desktop or a set top player connected to a TV?

OK, here is what has happened: I waited on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes last Friday and finally got someone from tech support. I thought I upgraded my DirectX but it did not. I downlaoded the February 2005 upgrade of direct X and installed it. In addition, I was told to disable my antivirus program while using EMC!!!! It seems to work, kind of. Half the time I try something, it locks up. I did burn one DVD that had reasonable sound. I feel that I was duped with this. They gave me a free trial of MyDVD Studio. when I called them and asked about EMC, they said it had the same appllications. My DVD Studio worked perfectly. EMC works poorly some of the time. The rest of the time it does not work at all. The idea that I must disable Symmantec Anti-Virus in order to get it to work shows me they have some pretty significant problems.

Problems can be very machine specific. I run Norton's Antivirus 2006 100% of the time and have no problems whatsoever. I think tech support was only trying to eliminate a possibility. Virus scanning is very CPU intensive and so is video editing. If they were 'doing their thing' at the sametime, it would bring even the fastest CPU to a crawl. Ideally, video editing would be done on a dedicated machine that has nothing else on it - just the OS and the video editor. Granted that isn't the case for home users. On my desktop, I've probably got a few hundred applications installed and I have had very few problems with EMC 8.

When I try and edit any video I get an error 80004005 and when I get details, I get a Mixer is Null response. I have downloaded the EMC8_nullmixer patch and installed it. I still get the same thing. Anyone know what this error is and how to deal with it. I have sat on hold all morning and ROXIO's techs never answer. Could it be they are overwhelmed?

Rick

Since the error number is the same as the one in this other hotfix, you could try that one:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3324

Have you tried updating your audio drivers and DirectX?

Yes, I have done that too. I cannot fathom what is going on. In was so desparate I installed the software on my laptop. My laptop does not have a DVD burner. I used it to create a movie. It ran fine on my laptop with both video and sound. I "burned" a disk image which I then used with my desktop to burn a DVD. The DVD has video but no sound!!!!!!!!

Rick

Archived