Input Audio Adjustment With Cd Spin Doctor

BobPowers

Question

Hi,

I am new to this discussion area. I have CD Spin Doctor 4.0.2.333t (part of Toast Titanium 8.0.3) running on a Mac PowerBook running OS 10.4.11. I have attached an Ion iTTUSB50 turntable via USB to my PowerBook and am attempting to record audio to CD/iTunes with CD Spin Doctor. I have set my computer for importing audio via System Preferences/Sound (selecting USB as input device) and the Audio MIDI Setup application (USB input selection with format set to 44100.0 Hz and 2ch-16bit). In the Advanced panel of CD Spin Doctor, I have selected New Recording, set the correct USB input device and selected CD Quality for Recording Quality. I can play my vinyl records and record with this setup, but there is one problem. I am unable to adjust the Input Volume slider to properly scale the audio volume indicator - it is dimmed. Is it possible to adjust the Input Volume slider for USB input or is line input (not available on my PowerBook) necessary before the Input Volume slider can be adjusted?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bob

4 answers to this question

I guess I am the only one interested in this problem. It seems clear that one cannot control input volume level when using USB as the input source. I found a Y cable to plug the Ion turntable into the line input I didn't know I had and am now able to control input volume. The slider is no longer dimmed in this configuration.

I guess I am the only one interested in this problem. It seems clear that one cannot control input volume level when using USB as the input source. I found a Y cable to plug the Ion turntable into the line input I didn't know I had and am now able to control input volume. The slider is no longer dimmed in this configuration.

I can control audio input level in Spin Doctor connected to my USB Griffin iMic. So it must have something to do with your device, not the USB connection itself.

I can control audio input level in Spin Doctor connected to my USB Griffin iMic. So it must have something to do with your device, not the USB connection itself.

Thanks for the info. Anyone else our there using an Ion iTTUSB05 turntable that can adjust input volume with the USB connection?

Archived