• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Elgato Turbo.h264 Iphone Export - Very Slow Encoding

Peter Witham

Question

The Elgato Turbo.H264 is being seen by my system as the Turbo app finds it just fine. However so far it has taken nearly 3 hours to encode a 2 hour Video_TS folder to the iPhone/iPod Touch profile, it almost appears as if the device is just being ignored or not seen by Toast 9. The Elgato app does encode it quicker that is the odd thing.

Early 06 iMac with 2gb ram on OS-X 10.5.2

Any help is appreciated. Apart from this I simply love the new Toast 9.

Regards,

Peter Witham

4 answers to this question

A quick update as it just finished. And it appears that there is about 30 minutes of video and then about 1.5 hours of just black...so maybe thats why it was taking so long. It seems it did not know when to finish and just kept encoding for some reason, weird. The DVD was originally made with a video cut into 4 chapters each about 30 minutes long if that helps at all.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the DVD if this is personal content?

I cannot supply the DVD as it belongs to a client, however I will see if I have one of my own that I can replicate it on, or try to create a new one and see if I can replicate the problem and supply that one to you. I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Peter Witham

I don't know if this helps any, but a test was run on another machine with Popcorn 3 and it appeared to of worked just fine. Since the correct length of video file (time length) was made it also exported at a greatly improved speed. However this was not done on my machine so I cannot offer a direct comparison to Toast on the same box since I do not own Popcorn 3.

Regards,

Peter Witham

A quick update as it just finished. And it appears that there is about 30 minutes of video and then about 1.5 hours of just black...so maybe thats why it was taking so long. It seems it did not know when to finish and just kept encoding for some reason, weird. The DVD was originally made with a video cut into 4 chapters each about 30 minutes long if that helps at all.

Archived