• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Project Settings!

cap2587

Question

I have my project settings set to the recomended- 4:3 ratio, NTSC, play movie only, HQ, 720 *480, interlaced etc... I have set these settings as my default. When I add my movie ready to encode everything is fine. When I go to add a new project with No Menu DVD, it changes it back to Fit to disk. I can change the fit to disk to HQ, but it won't let me change the menu apect ratio. How can I keep the project settings I want and still encode using no menus. advice appreciated.

1 answer to this question

The aspect ratio in the project setting is ONLY for the menu. Each movie should play correctly regardless of aspect ratio.

For example if I set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in project settings, I will get a 16:9 menu. I can then add a movie that is 4:3 and a movie that is 16:9. Both movies should playback in the correct aspect ratio because that is built into the video file.

Conversely, I can set the aspect ratio for the menu to 4:3 and add a movie that is 16:9.

When there is no menu, you don't need the aspect ratio setting because there is no menu! The video should playback in the correct aspect ratio. Yo will also notice there are several other options greyed out like buttons because there are no menus.

But you are correct on settings defaults. Checkinig that option doesn't seem to remember the settings when you do a File/New.

Archived