• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Playback And Menu Navigation Problems......help

grego137

Question

I have created a movie with my MYDVD9 Studio, it is approx 2hrs long with 50 chapters, 13 submenu pages with custom background picture and 4 chapters to choose from on each. When I went to burn it a 11 error reports came up saying I have buttons overlapping?

what can I do to fix this ,

what exactally does it mean,

which buttons is it refering to?

Please help, totally clueless and cant find the answer anywhere

thanks

16 answers to this question

I have created a movie with my MYDVD9 Studio, it is approx 2hrs long with 50 chapters, 13 submenu pages with custom background picture and 4 chapters to choose from on each. When I went to burn it a 11 error reports came up saying I have buttons overlapping?

what can I do to fix this ,

what exactally does it mean,

which buttons is it refering to?

Please help, totally clueless and cant find the answer anywhere

thanks

Your button chapters are overlapping. If you click on one, you will see a rectangle around the button and text. You need to drag the ones that are overlapping, away from each other. This usually happens if the chapter titles are too long. Keep the titles short.

To get to the chapters screen, in the Project View tree, on the left side, click on any chapter below My Menu. Wait awhile, and a screen will come up showing the first page of the menus. Click on one of the chapters, and you will see a rectangle around the picture for the menu, and another rectangle around the text. Don't worry about those rectangles overlapping. You can't do anything about that, and that isn't the overlapping that the error report refers to.

When one chapter icon is highlighted, hold the Ctrl key down, and click on the chapter icons next to the one you highlighted. By doing this, you will find which chapter icons are overlapping, and you drag them a little so they don't overlap. When you are done, click on the main title of your production, above My Menu.

Bear with me, im a newbie here..........and I am learning as I go.

Im creating a home movie project with MYDVD9, 1 movie that consists of 50 chapters.

I have a main menu, and 14 chapter menues (is that the same as a sub menu?) with 4 chapters on each.

What I want to do is on the main menu have a button to play movie, and another button "scene selection" to access the chapter menues, and the user can select previous / home / next (chapter menu)

Im currently hung up on this and cant figure it out.

thanks

Im new here working on my first project, I hope im describing my problems properly.

Im working on a home movie project in MYDVD9, approx 2hrs long with 50 chapters and 14 sub menues.

Did a practice burn , and it wont register in my family room, says disc dirty. On previous practice burns I had no problems. I reburned it at 4x but still no improvment. Im using Memorex DVD-R and a Sony DVP-N57009 progressive scan 12 bit unit.

When I play it back on the computer it comes right up but some of the navigation features dont work. I can FF , RW, Stop and play but it wont advance to next or previous chapter using + or -.

Also I cant get past the first submenu page, when I drag the mouse over the Nextpage icon it highlights but wont respond to clicks, but it does respond to the home icon taking me back to the main menu.

Any suggestions?

thank you

Im new here working on my first project, I hope im describing my problems properly.

Im working on a home movie project in MYDVD9, approx 2hrs long with 50 chapters and 14 sub menues.

Did a practice burn , and it wont register in my family room, says disc dirty. On previous practice burns I had no problems. I reburned it at 4x but still no improvment. Im using Memorex DVD-R and a Sony DVP-N57009 progressive scan 12 bit unit.

When I play it back on the computer it comes right up but some of the navigation features dont work. I can FF , RW, Stop and play but it wont advance to next or previous chapter using + or -.

Also I cant get past the first submenu page, when I drag the mouse over the Nextpage icon it highlights but wont respond to clicks, but it does respond to the home icon taking me back to the main menu.

Any suggestions?

thank you

Your search - DVP-N57009 - did not match any documents.

Are you choosing the option, encoding and burning to a disc? Or are you saving to a ISO Image or DVD Video Folder Set? Are you using single layer media and what are you quality settings?

cd

Any suggestions?

thank you

Does the navigation work fine when previewing the project in MyDVD?

Just curious: how many titles ("movies") are there? How did you create the chapters?

thanks for the replies.

The sony DVP # is the DVD player im using.

I am burning directly to a disc.

Im not sure what single layer media means (please forgive me)

I fit it in the "High Quality" speed.

The Navigation works properly in the preview area. Next, Previous, Home etc... but doesnt after burn

It was 1 continuous movie that I "split" into 50 chapters (most with transitions) and I have 14 submenus with 4 chapter selections on each.

thanks

Bear with me, im a newbie here..........and I am learning as I go.

Im creating a home movie project with MYDVD9, 1 movie that consists of 50 chapters.

I have a main menu, and 14 chapter menues (is that the same as a sub menu?) with 4 chapters on each.

What I want to do is on the main menu have a button to play movie, and another button "scene selection" to access the chapter menues, and the user can select previous / home / next (chapter menu)

Im currently hung up on this and cant figure it out.

thanks

Didn't you post this elsewhere? Don't double post.

Know that a chapter button will start the appropriate video at that point and will play it to the end. After playing a chapter, the DVD will not go back to the main or chapter menu after playing that chapter.

Do you really want a chapter every 2.5 minutes? What kind of project is it? From your questions, I appears that you may not understand DVD burning and structure.

If you have all those chapter menus and a 2 hour video, you may be able to burn it to the disc but you may not like the results because of the compression.

Do you have a burner that will burn dual or double layer DVD? Normally the older burners will only burn to a single layer. Personally I don't like your chances; you may have to burn to a folder and then copy that to the DVD. Search for that on these forums.

Archived