Streamer Is Crashy

jsewell

Question

Is streamer crashing for anyone else? I've been able to get through no more than 10 or 15 minutes of streaming on my iPhone until the stream dies. When I go back and look at my Mac, I see that streamer is no longer running. I've looked for crash logs and the tell-tale "The application has unexpectedly quit" error, but I see neither.

Anyone else seeing these crashes?

Is there any way to log these and get them to product engineering for analysis?

-Jason

7 answers to this question

Yes, it's doing the same thing for me. Plays for a while and then crashes and disappears from the computer screen. The longest I've had a video play is 47 minutes but most times it quits at 35 minutes or less.

I've been working with Roxio/Sonic techs for several days now through e-mail. Nothing they've had me do has improved things. My EyeTV server works just fine.

how long is the streaming content supposed to be? Did you use the default setting for Streamer?

Yes, I'm using all of the default settings.

I'm not sure what you're asking when you say, "how long is the streaming content supposed to be?". The shows I'm trying to watch are generally 30 minutes or 1 hour long. The streamer crashes before the show is finished.

Yes, I'm using all of the default settings.

I'm not sure what you're asking when you say, "how long is the streaming content supposed to be?". The shows I'm trying to watch are generally 30 minutes or 1 hour long. The streamer crashes before the show is finished.

Can you check the console and tell us if there is any message there when it crashes?

Is streamer crashing for anyone else? I've been able to get through no more than 10 or 15 minutes of streaming on my iPhone until the stream dies. When I go back and look at my Mac, I see that streamer is no longer running. I've looked for crash logs and the tell-tale "The application has unexpectedly quit" error, but I see neither.

Anyone else seeing these crashes?

Is there any way to log these and get them to product engineering for analysis?

-Jason

Yesterday I was able to watch a 22 minute tv show (with commercials) without it crashing. I was using it on my home wi-fi. I haven't seen the actually streamer program on my mac crash yet however.

Greg

Archived