Editing Video Reports Incorrect Video Length / Burn Error -18768

Frobozz

Question

When I edit a video by setting a marker (a start and end position) in Toast 9, when I return to Toast the video length is reported incorrectly. In my case, I am editing a 15 minute recording from my TiVo (.tivo file) where I cut the first 2 seconds and the last 4 minutes. I end up with a video length report of about 4 minutes when it should be 11 minutes. I do this for a series of 5 episodes.

I thought I might be able to ignore this problem but I was wrong. I have tried burning to disc and creating a disc image but with the same result. When converting the first video, it starts at 65% complete. At (or before) 99% complete Toast throws an error message:

Couldn't Complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error: Result Code = -18768

If anyone from Roxio can help me identify the problem I would be very grateful. Right now, I can't do the one thing I upgraded to Toast 9 for! (Editing imported video.)

1 answer to this question

When I edit a video by setting a marker (a start and end position) in Toast 9, when I return to Toast the video length is reported incorrectly. In my case, I am editing a 15 minute recording from my TiVo (.tivo file) where I cut the first 2 seconds and the last 4 minutes. I end up with a video length report of about 4 minutes when it should be 11 minutes. I do this for a series of 5 episodes.

Okay, so I figured out how to get this working. I read another entry where the user explained that the markers are REALLY UNINTUITIVE. Essentially, I had to invert my markers because the portions you select are the portions you CUT not the portions you KEEP. Roxio, you *must* fix this.

... I have tried burning to disc and creating a disc image but with the same result ... Toast throws an error message:

Couldn't Complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error: Result Code = -18768

Still no idea why I got this error, but after inverting my markers it worked. Either way it seems to be a bug that should be fixed.

Archived