rkbworker

Disk Copier Won't Close

Question

EMC9 Disc Copier will copy an audio CD, eject the CD, but does not close and becomes unresponsive. Will not close even with Win XP task manager.

4 answers to this question

Do a start, control panel, add remove programs, Roxio Easy Media Craetor 9 Suite, change. The install wizard launches choose, next, then repair, follow the prompts.

cd

Do a start, control panel, add remove programs, Roxio Easy Media Craetor 9 Suite, change. The install wizard launches choose, next, then repair, follow the prompts.

Thanks. Tried the fix - install seemed successful.

I'm able to copy using copier through the roxio easy media creator 9 Home screen, and it closes properly.

Still, if I use the Roxio Disk Copier 9, by accessing it through the Start menu, it copies then hangs. The program won't close until I shut down, and even then the PC hangs at the Windows shutting down screen.

But, I can make copies using the emc9 suite, a bit slower process, but it works.

Disable your antivirus while you uninstall and reinstall the suite! It is a bought retail Roxio EMC 9 Suite, isn't it?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606

cd

Yes it is. I'm a bit reluctant to uninstall and reinstall the entire suite - but I may try it when I have the time to spend with it - sounds like a good suggestion. I recently changed from mcaffree to PCSheild Delux for antivirus. A number of quirky things happen with it - although my original installation was problematic with mcaffree, and I spent a while on the phone with Roxio support to get it fixed and running. Thanks