Vista Sp1

Mastercare

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed Vista Service Pack 1 (22:45 GMT). 69.2MB download on an uptodate Vista Home Premium,

55 mins to download and install (2MB broadband), 3 stage install.

Too late at night to check how it is etc.

Regards,

Mastercare.

Sounds good. Now all we have to do is wait for SP2 to fix what SP1 breaks. B)

Sounds good. Now all we have to do is wait for SP2 to fix what SP1 breaks. B)

Hi Paul,

Hope not, with the increased tax on whisky (how can they tax the country that produces the golden necter so much), I could not

afford the malt whisky that enables me to survive all the issues with Vista and Roxio EMC10 !.

Regards,

Mastercare.

Hi Paul,

Hope not, with the increased tax on whisky (how can they tax the country that produces the golden necter so much), I could not

afford the malt whisky that enables me to survive all the issues with Vista and Roxio EMC10 !.

Regards,

Mastercare.

Gotta say, Roxio and Vista have worked fine for me so far (knock on wood).

And, I'm not a whiskey drinker but do agree on the tax part. Every country taxes our vices.

VISTA SP1 installed and running. :rolleyes: So far so good! It's a 445mb download if you choose the standalone download option. Don't bother taking a restore point first as SP1 wiped the slate clean. I'll run SP1 on my HP laptop for a while before I consider installing it on my other PCs.

VISTA SP1 installed and running. :rolleyes: So far so good! It's a 445mb download if you choose the standalone download option. Don't bother taking a restore point first as SP1 wiped the slate clean. I'll run SP1 on my HP laptop for a while before I consider installing it on my other PCs.

If you use Acronis Disk Director, you're out of luck as SP1 cripples it. So far, that's all that won't work for me as everything else seems fine.

If you use Acronis Disk Director, you're out of luck as SP1 cripples it. So far, that's all that won't work for me as everything else seems fine.

Durn! I guess I'll just have to keep using Ghost for my backups when I install SP1, Paul. :lol:

Last evening, I downloaded the full package of SP1 (+400MB) in about 15 minutes. I did a full system disk backup, with Acronis True image Home v11.0, to the Acronis hidden partition. I think I will do another one this evening, on one of the data disks this time, just to be safe. ;) We'll see how it goes and I'll make sure to cross my fingers. :lol:

:)

Is there any disadvantages re downloading SP 1

before I do so..please??

Thanks

There's always the possibility of some problem so, of course, make a back up of your important files. And, as in my case with Acronis Disk Editor, some programs may not work with it yet though this, so far, has not seemed to be anything major.

There's always the possibility of some problem so, of course, make a back up of your important files. And, as in my case with Acronis Disk Editor, some programs may not work with it yet though this, so far, has not seemed to be anything major.

Thanks Paul for advice..much appreciated

See how I get on with download..will give it a try.

Thanks Paul for advice..much appreciated

See how I get on with download..will give it a try.

SP 1 downloaded ok after disabling Norton 360 over the weekend

and so far all is good..

Thanks..keeping fingers Xed.

Durn! I guess I'll just have to keep using Ghost for my backups when I install SP1, Paul. :lol:

Be aware that for Norton Ghost 14, in the system requirements there is a reference to

'Eligible for a free Windows Vista® Service Pack 1 compatibility update†'

†Microsoft® Windows Vista® Service Pack 1 compatibility update subject to production release of Service Pack 1 for the Windows Vista operating system. Separate download may be required. See Microsoft for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 system requirements.

So maybe you should check ghost out too with vista SP1.

http://www.symantec.com/en/uk/norton/produ...mp;pvid=ghost14

Archived