• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Error 0x80045203

nttigulis

Question

i've been trying to burn my dvd but keep getting an error messagae 0x80045203...i've tried roxio support and they give me general solutions like defrag my hard drive and check for viruses...which i've done are not the problem...i am open to any suggestions....thanks for your help...because this is very frustrating...

7 answers to this question

There are probably many things that could cause the problem and to track down and try and find out exactly what is causing the problem, I think David has a good suggestion. Instead of doing a complete uninstall and re-install, just do a repair. many times this will fix the problem. I keep reading many posts where the OP has a certain problem and more often than not the OP always does a complete uninstall and re-install rather than go the repair way first. I think that it is a rare condition that the EMC program is the fault, but rather it is something else that is not exactly right on the computer (i.e. firmware, virus, mal-ware, or similar problems).

Frank....

I've been having the same problem...I created two slide shows with music in VideoWave. Then using DVD builder I compiled the short shows into a DVD and now I get the same error code. I was trying to create an ISO file as this isn't my first try at this program. In fact I've created about 8 DVD productions. I happen to have an ISO file which I hadn't burned to DVD and I was able to do this no problem ...so I went back to the DVD Builder project and still o luck...so I was able to burn a previous project but for this "new" one nothing...what's up??

Been lurking, and checking intermittently to see if there was a solution, as I developed the same error a bit back, couldn't write to DVD and couldn't make an ISO.

finally decided to just try reinstalling the patch for v7, before tracking down roxiozap and starting from scratch - and everything is working again. I figured I'd just try a "refresh" update, over the existing installation, as it couldn't get any worse than not working!

So rather than a full uninstall and reinstall, you might want to give that a try.

My guess is that one of the Microsoft security or malicious software removal tools munged it.

David

i've been trying to burn my dvd but keep getting an error messagae 0x80045203...i've tried roxio support and they give me general solutions like defrag my hard drive and check for viruses...which i've done are not the problem...i am open to any suggestions....thanks for your help...because this is very frustrating...

Are you burning directly to disc? If so, try burning to an ISO file and then use Disc Copier to burn to disc.

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner.

Are you burning directly to disc? If so, try burning to an ISO file and then use Disc Copier to burn to disc.

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner.

I've tried both ways and still get the error messages....i've updated my driver also.

I've tried both ways and still get the error messages....i've updated my driver also.

Are you able to create the ISO file without error or do you get the error when trying to burn the ISO file to DVD using Disc Copier?

Have you updated your burner firmware?

I've been having the same problem...I created two slide shows with music in VideoWave. Then using DVD builder I compiled the short shows into a DVD and now I get the same error code. I was trying to create an ISO file as this isn't my first try at this program. In fact I've created about 8 DVD productions. I happen to have an ISO file which I hadn't burned to DVD and I was able to do this no problem ...so I went back to the DVD Builder project and still o luck...so I was able to burn a previous project but for this "new" one nothing...what's up??

Archived