Iso Burn Help

grego137

Question

I have decided to do a burn to ISO instead of directly to a blank disc to see if I could find/fix a burning issue I had.

Now, Im not dumb but sometimes I am stupid. I did the ISO burn (took about 1/2 hr)

Now I'm supposed to find that file and burn it to a disc, right.

Where do I find it? and what program do I use to burn it to see how it came out.

I warned you, sometimes I am stupid

But Im learning as I go.

thanks

6 answers to this question

Hi Grego,

If it plays perfectly in the family room then the DVD has been created properly. Perhaps your Windows Media Center is misbehaving? I don't know because I've never used that software to play DVDs.

Is there someone else who can help with this issue, please?

Brendon

I have decided to do a burn to ISO instead of directly to a blank disc to see if I could find/fix a burning issue I had.

Now, Im not dumb but sometimes I am stupid. I did the ISO burn (took about 1/2 hr)

Now I'm supposed to find that file and burn it to a disc, right.

Where do I find it? and what program do I use to burn it to see how it came out.

I warned you, sometimes I am stupid

But Im learning as I go.

thanks

You'll have to do a search where you saved the ISO files..

It will be somewhere in one of the files on your Pc..

:)

Grego,

You haven't said here what software you're using, but the program will have a destination set for the ISO file to be placed in. Go back through your steps to burn to an ISO, and stop just short of pressing the burn button. Something in the last screen or two will give you the change to say where the ISO goes, and it will probably still be set to the location of the last one you made.

Alternatively, there can't be too many ISO files on your system since you're just starting out with ISOs. Do a search for ISOs on your hard drive, and it should be easy to pick a huge one recently made. Note where it is on your system, and then you can go there to burn it.

Hoping youi have Creator Classic. Run that and you should find the option to burn an image to disc. That's what you're after.

If you're still lost, come back here and tell us what operating system and software you're using and we'll try to help you some more.

Regards,

Brendon

thanks for the replies.

Well, I did find the file. Now im trying to figure out how to burn it.

Is this the info you're after? - Im using a Dell Dimision E510, with Windows XP and on my desktop I have Roxio Creator LE, MYDVD LE, MYDVD9 Studio Premier, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center?

I warned you I wasnt the brightest bulb on the tree.

thanks

Update:

I DID find the file and I DID burn it to disc.

It plays fine now in the family room, but now it wont play on the computer???

When I put the disc in the computer, my computer automaticly defaults to the windows media center (as usual) I'll click play dvd, the main menu comes up with the background music, but it wont respond to anything, wont play, wont navigate etc...?? This is the first time i've had playback issues on the computer.

any ideas?

thanks

UPDATE (again)

I put the disc in the other drive (lower) and it works. However it's acting different than when I play it back in the family room.

When played back in the computer:

I go to my first chapter menu page, I can select any one of the 4 chapters and play it . However, it wont respond to "prevoius" or "next " chapter clicks, and I cant advance to the next chapter menu using the > icon. The > icon does light up when I drag the mouse to it, but it wont respond to clicks. I can click on the "home" icon (up arrow) and it takes me back fine.

When I play back in the family room: I dont have these problems, I can navigate chapter + - I can advance to each chapter menu prevoius / home/ next without problems.

Any ideas on what I should check or change.

thanks in advance.

Archived