Ac3 Audio - Problem With

Bhoy

Question

Hi,

When I use MyDVD (or any other part of EMC10) with a video file encided with AC3 audio, the output ends up with no audio at all. Clearly, it's a CODEC issue.

I've read elsewhere about the OEM version not having AC3-compatibility included. The thing is, I bought a boxed, fully-featured product from a major UK retailer. Product info is: EMC 10, build 100B44B ENU.

Given I've got the full product, I ought to be able to use AC3 files.

Does anyone have any suggestion for how to fix this?

TIA

9 answers to this question

The problem is from your Source files – camcorder most likely???

Try this, under Project Properties, select High Quality (HQ).

This will activate the Audio: section. Try it with LPCM.

LPCM will result in a larger files but should do the trick as others have reported.

I would recommend that you use some RW media to play with this until you are sure this is all you need to do.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't want LPCM. What I want is AC3, which is an option the product appears to offer.

Nope, these are not camcorder or other non-standard format files. They play fine when I use Nero to compose the VIDEO_TS folder.

What I have resorted to is using EMC10 to compose the VIDEO_TS (with menus) then replacing the VTS_xx_n fles (which have no audio after EMC10 has processed them) with my original files with AC3-audio encoded. It works, but what a ridiculous thing to have to do.

Does EMC10 work with AC3 or not?

Thanks for the reply, but I don't want LPCM. What I want is AC3, which is an option the product appears to offer.

Nope, these are not camcorder or other non-standard format files. They play fine when I use Nero to compose the VIDEO_TS folder.

What I have resorted to is using EMC10 to compose the VIDEO_TS (with menus) then replacing the VTS_xx_n fles (which have no audio after EMC10 has processed them) with my original files with AC3-audio encoded. It works, but what a ridiculous thing to have to do.

You never answered my questions…

You never answered my questions…

Jim,

Please believe that I appreciate your help with this. However, I can't see any question other than the camcorder one. What else can I tell you that would assist?

Hello,

If you have a nobbled version you'll get a message like this in MyDVD - image removed.

If you don't get such a message, then it's a technical issue rather than a nobbled version, since Sonic would never pass up the chance to get you to buy an upgrade if they had the chance. :(

Do you have AC3 codecs installed? Lack of them could cause processed VOBs to have no audio, but wouldn't affect the audio in the unprocessed original VOBs you're substituting in your work-around product.

Brendon,

Thanks for the reply.

No, I don't get such a message.

I can play AC3 files, so I've got CODECS somewhere - for the media player at least. Also, I installed a further set of free-standing CODECS, but that didn't help with EMC10

Do you know if EMC10 comes with its own CODECS? Must admit that I assumed that it would. If not, can you recommed a set that works with EMC10?

EMC 10 works fine with AC3, it is the only audio option I use. What format are you source files and where did you get them?

The problem is from your Source files – camcorder most likely???

Try this, under Project Properties, select High Quality (HQ).

This will activate the Audio: section. Try it with LPCM.

LPCM will result in a larger files but should do the trick as others have reported.

I would recommend that you use some RW media to play with this until you are sure this is all you need to do.

post-39730-1205924099.jpg

I think you're going to have to check with Roxio Tech Support. If you have the full version of the product, you should have AC3 audio support

It might be just a matter of a clean install.

I've read elsewhere about the OEM version not having AC3-compatibility included. The thing is, I bought a boxed, fully-featured product from a major UK retailer. Product info is: EMC 10, build 100B44B ENU.

Hello,

If you have a nobbled version you'll get a message like this in MyDVD

post-208-1206058301.jpg

If you don't get such a message, then it's a technical issue rather than a nobbled version, since Sonic would never pass up the chance to get you to buy an upgrade if they had the chance. :(

Do you have AC3 codecs installed? Lack of them could cause processed VOBs to have no audio, but wouldn't affect the audio in the unprocessed original VOBs you're substituting in your work-around product.

Archived