• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I'm Still Trying To Get Emc 10 To Work!

James Fortune

Question

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE.

I've had a week of nightmares but I'm still trying to get EMC 10 to work!

I have been happily using Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Platinum for many years and decided to upgrade to Creator 10 having received a million spam emails suggesting I did. I mainly did it to get MyDVD bundled.

I have had exactly the same problems as most people on here!

I spoke to Support:

First, they said downgrade MS Media Player from 11 to 10.

Then they said de-install Creator 6

Then they said de-install Nero

Then they said de-install Creator 10 and re-install it.

Did all that. Some things now work. MyDVD and MyDVD Express still don't. Others GPF before I can do anything. Almost all programs GPF as you close them down.

Now what do I do?

GGRUSSELL - the Digital Guru - told me that I must do a full "clean uninstall and re-install" as has GRANDPABRUCE on other threads. OK. Fair enough.

Well, I did a full "clean install" as specified on this forum. I was very thorough.

The only thing that wouldn't uninstall was the Content. This threw up the message "Error 1316A. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Roxio Content 10.msi".

For the record, when I re-installed EMC 10, it took 11 minutes for the program.

When I tried to re-install the Content, it took seven minutes of unpacking before it popped up the message "EMC 10 Content 1.0.015 is already installed." It then told me to use Repair in Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.

For the record, the Content is not listed under Roxio with everything else, inconsistently it's in the 'E's - "EMC 10 Content" - and there's no Repair button. You can only uninstall and, yes you guessed it - "Error 1316A. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Roxio Content 10.msi".

So I don't know whether I have Content or not.

Anyway, every expert on here says a clean install will work ....

... it doesn't!!!!!!!!

MyDVD and My DVD Express throw up RoxWizardLauncher 10 errors or simply GPF again. The error this time is "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. R6025 - pure virtual function call".

Oh, and it's followed by a message that says I don't have the right codex MPG2 and would I like to install it? Yes please I click.

This time I get a big grey box that simply says "No permission. Bad installation. OK."

:angry:

Now, you'll notice I'm trying my best not to get angry. I'm willing to be told that there's a simple solution to this. Perhaps just one more step will solve this and I'll be using this wonderful package faultlessly.

So I'm listening. Is there?

12 answers to this question

I suspect that some of my problems might be corrupt Content - but as I can neither de-install it or re-install it I have no idea how to progress :-(

You should also be entitled to free Roxio Tech Support.

I know you tried it once and it didn't work, but sometimes you have to work with them until they can trace down the problem

Too late here in UK. I won't get any opportunity until next Tuesday now.

Also, make certain that you've turned off all firewalls, virus programs and pop up blockers when you repair or reinstall.

According to your previous posts, I think you're using WinXP Pro and that also allows a REPAIR option.

I am also having problems with EMC10. I created a production in EMC9. It opens in EMC10, but when I try to do anything to it, I get the R6025 error.

I have tried to repair using the add/remove programs in XP, but it asks for a disk containing an msi(/) file. If I downloaded my EMC10, is there another way to do the repair as I do not have a CD?

You need to open the downloaded .exe file with winrar or winzip (it's a self-extracting archive). Extract the contents to a temp folder anywhere and you can then point the program there to find the .msi file.

I'd advise burning the files to a disc when you finish - that way you will have an 'installation' disc

I'm willing to be told that there's a simple solution to this.
Of course it won't be simple.

For the record, when I re-installed EMC 10, it took 11 minutes for the program.
Doesn't sound correct. Usually takes about twice that, but maybe if the content didn't install.

We'll see what we can do to get more help.

Also, make certain that you've turned off all firewalls, virus programs and pop up blockers when you repair or reinstall.

According to your previous posts, I think you're using WinXP Pro and that also allows a REPAIR option.

I used MSCONFIG to turn off all Startup stuff, so that should have covered that, right?

I am running Win XP Pro and no, the Content dod NOT have a repair option.

Here's my specs:

Intel Pentium 4 2.26Ghz

MicroStar MS-6566E ATX motherboard with Intel 845E chipset

1 GB RAM

228 GB HD (80 GB free)

ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 512 MB AGP graphics card (+ latest drivers)

Creative Labs SB Audigy Platinum SB1394 EAX SB0090 Audio Card (C400)

Running MS Windows XP PRO 2002 5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2 (+ all the latest updates)

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

My virus & adware software is:

AVG Free Edition Anti-Virus sw

Spyware Doctor 5.5 sw

I need to resolve this quickly because if we can't then, with regret, I'm going to have to seek a refund.

You should also be entitled to free Roxio Tech Support.

I know you tried it once and it didn't work, but sometimes you have to work with them until they can trace down the problem

Archived