• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems Capturing On Mydvd 9

Deffuts

Question

When trying to capture DV on MyDVD 9, often the "Capture Now" and the "Capture Entire Tape" box is unusable (grayed out). For no apparent reason, when using a different methodology at times it works. I am using firewire and a Sony DV camera. The fact that it often works shows that this aspect of firewire etc is functioning correctly. It has me stumped and I am extremely frustrated by it. Any advice form anyone would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

When trying to capture DV on MyDVD 9, often the "Capture Now" and the "Capture Entire Tape" box is unusable (grayed out). For no apparent reason, when using a different methodology at times it works. I am using firewire and a Sony DV camera. The fact that it often works shows that this aspect of firewire etc is functioning correctly. It has me stumped and I am extremely frustrated by it. Any advice form anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Is that a OEM version of My DVD or the commercial version? An OEM version is one that came with a computer or a piece of hardware like a DVD burner.

The first thing I would expect is that the Firewire cable is what is giving you the problem. I know that you can get it to work sometimes.

The second thing to watch for is to have the camera plugged in and on before you open the program. Is the program recognizing th at the camera is there?

Since the problem is intermittent, I would still suspect that something other than the software is the root cause.

The third thing is to do a Windows Control Panel Repair on the software.

Archived