• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Camera Finepix S5700 Will Not Show Up In Drop Down Box Capture Video But Does In Photo

Trellis

Question

5 answers to this question

Why would it? That isn't a video camcorder. You can easily copy the video files in your still camera by using windows Explorer.

Quess I am just stupid. I plug my camera and I can down load all my videos and pictures with no problems. I made a 20 minute video and when I plug in I get error message there is not enough storage space. I have an external drive with 598g. There is 5 G on my hard drive. Why will this video work with windows Explorer? Is it the size?

So I decided to use capture photo with Creator 10.

It works with Windows Explorer because Explorer 'sees' all types of files. When on the photo tab in Media Import, it only 'sees' photo images. When on the Video tab, Media Import expects to 'see' a camcorder.

Plug your S5700 into the computer via the USB cable and turn it on to the 'play back' mode. You should hear Windows beep when it is recognized. Launch My Computer.

DEPENDING on how you have the S5700 setup, the camera will show as an external storage device under 'drives' OR it will show up under 'Cameras'. Personally, I have my S7000 set up as an external storage device. Just seems easier to me.

All you need to do is double click on either icon and copy the files you want to a folder on the internal hard drive ( like to My Documents/My Pictures).

[quote name='ggrussell' date='Mar 20 2008, 08:46 AM' post='193737'

All you need to do is double click on either icon and copy the files you want to a folder on the internal hard drive ( like to My Documents/My Pictures).

With only 5 GB left on his internal hard drive, the external drive might be the better storage space.

Archived