Easy Cd Creator And Win95, New Drive

robg3381

We have an older machine running software that requires Win95 (not my desire, but we're stuck with it). We recently decided to upgrade the drive from a CD-Rom to a CDRW/DVD Drive. Details on that drive are below. I then installed Easy CD Creator 4.02, and later installed an update to 4.05. The problem of course is that it will not detect the drive. Is there any hope in getting this to work?

I did find a post on here (below) that mentioned a registry edit for a Plextor drive on Win2K, but didn't mention how to do this for a different drive (like mine) and/or for Win95. If anyone can assist, I would appreciate it.

Plextor post - http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio...php/t26491.html

Drive Information - HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4482 E107 (per Nero CD/DVD Speed). This drive originally came in a Dell Optiplex GX620 system.

Hello,

Thank you for researching this before asking. It will give you a better understanding of things, and will save us a lot of time. Well done. :)

Your 'new' drive is a sort of OEM combo drive which is used a lot by companies such as Dell. It's made by LG.

If you go to my post of 30 August in that topic, I have an entry for you to put into device001. There are no tricky spaces in this one, you should be able to do a straight cut from this message, and paste into the registry editor. I've done the best match I can, and this should work. The usual caveats about speed and not affecting Direct CD apply. Here's the entry

HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4482,HL-DT-ST,CDRW/DVD GCC4482,STDMMCDDWS,cdrmmc.drv,147

Please replace the value in device 001 [4X IDE CD-RW] with that entry above, and let me know how it works.

Regards,

Brendon

You may well have had to restart Windows, because the registry would need to be re-read for the edit to have effect.

I don't think I could properly describe how I produced the entry, at least not in any concise way. I've been studying this since last century (grin) and just picked values I thought would work with your drive.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived