• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Make DVD Movie Out Of Photos

rogue

Question

Hi, new to this forum. Have a question. What process or software do I need? I want to be able to take about 500 photo's (jpg files) and create a DVD to play on the TV. I do not need chapters, as I want to automatically cycle through the photos with about a 7 second display. Why 500, I want to have these cycle through while having a party. Not for people to sit and watch them, but kind of like a picture that changes every 7 seconds. I have spent several days with 2 different DVD creators with no luck. One only allows 99 pictures per chapter and the other I can preview all 500 as each is a chapter, but when trying to burn it, it will not because of the 99 chapter limit. Any and all comments welcome.

1 answer to this question

Hi, new to this forum. Have a question. What process or software do I need? I want to be able to take about 500 photo's (jpg files) and create a DVD to play on the TV. I do not need chapters, as I want to automatically cycle through the photos with about a 7 second display. Why 500, I want to have these cycle through while having a party. Not for people to sit and watch them, but kind of like a picture that changes every 7 seconds. I have spent several days with 2 different DVD creators with no luck. One only allows 99 pictures per chapter and the other I can preview all 500 as each is a chapter, but when trying to burn it, it will not because of the 99 chapter limit. Any and all comments welcome.

Add the images to Video Wave (there is no practical limits like 99 images). Add transitions if you wish; perhaps a simple dissolve to the next image. Save the project. Open My DVD and from the top menu select new DVD, no menus. If you are using transitions, set each image to display for about 8 seconds and the transitions for 2-3 seconds. That way the image will actually display for 5-6 seconds. Faster people will not catch the image in their mind; slower, it will drag. That's my opinion only. You can change the image display and the transition display as a batch so you can play with what you want.

What program/version do you have now? Look at the Tips and Tricks area of EMC 9 and 10 for some very good information developed by the users.

The slide show will start as soon as you put the disc in a player and will recycle at the end. You probably don't want to add any music.

I did something similar for my son's wedding dinner. I used a 2 by 2 slide show template of images as they grew up (Slide Show Assistant under the photo tab). The bride was on one side and the groom on the other. One would slide in as one would slide out. It worked great.

Archived