• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rxfilter

Froggy42

Question

Has Roxio ever bothered to come up with the required signed RxFilter driver for Vista 64. Signed drivers are required and the driver supplied is unsigned. Every boot shows the driver being bypassed in Event Logs as a result. This has also been a problem with EMC9, so you would think they would have fixed this before they sold us EMC 10. This will be my last purchase if they won't supply the drivers necessary to install the product properly. :angry:

12 answers to this question

Perhaps you should be posting to the Microsoft Forum

Been There Did That, As you said Iam not holding my breath. AS far as the CS3 Install

that thing is a real Puzzler, some are having the issue described and other like myself

are Not having any problems at all, My CS3 install worked flawlessly for every module

Premire pro, bridge , encore, soundbooth, photoshop, the entire suite installed with out a hitch, go figure

but I do know some people personally that had the described issue with the photoshop install.

Take ML's very good advice and contact Roxio's Technical Support.

Since we don't know a workaround for your Roxio problem, the best we could do here is sympathize with you - which we do. But only Roxio can provide a solution, and you are in the best position to twist their collective ears.

Let me put this thread to rest. This issue has been bugged and should be addressed in a future release. This should not affect functionality of EMC 10. This is likely an issue because EMC 9 was installed on a system prior to EMC 10. I'll close this thread down as otherwise, we are just beating a dead horse.

That My be true, but the vast majority of people that I know who do media intensive apps are now running

a 64 bit system. I would think if your are marketing Multi media piece of software & you are displaying it as 100% vista

compaltble then you should be supplying the Properly digitally Signed drivers as required by Microsoft to display that symbol on your software BOX as you are supposed to be doing, and that means supplying the correct 32bit & 64bit Signed driver as required by MS. Roxio is the one not following the correct protocall here and they need to correct it or get the LOGO Off The BOX, plain & simple.

I agree most people are running a 64 bit system - what they are NOT doing tho is running a 64 bit OS

I repeat - there are really NO apps that are produced to take account of a true 64 bit system - look at your program files folder and see how many apps are there in comparison with the Program Files X86 one

I have the 64 bit XP here (mainly for test work) but the ONLY thing that I have that is truly 64 bit is Gentoo Linux (for the simple reason that all my apps there are compiled from source code against the dual core 64 bit 'nocona')

As for certification - that comes from MS - it's not something any software company can allocate to themselves. If you feel that the certification is incorrect, then you will have to contact MS and tell them

Has Roxio ever bothered to come up with the required signed RxFilter driver for Vista 64. Signed drivers are required and the driver supplied is unsigned. Every boot shows the driver being bypassed in Event Logs as a result. This has also been a problem with EMC9, so you would think they would have fixed this before they sold us EMC 10. This will be my last purchase if they won't supply the drivers necessary to install the product properly. :angry:

Tell Roxio. This is a users forum.

Maybe I should Have said System & OS because most are to fully utilize 4+ GB or more of Ram.

Even A high pecentage of semi serious Videographers are using 64 Bit OS Now for the same reason, pretty much everyone I know of doing professional videography or Indi Films deffinately are. Just because usually our primary editors are CS3 or liquid Or FCP doesn't mean that we don't use consumer level stuff as well. I use CS3, Studio,liquid,

Roxio, & any # of other programs depending on what I want to accomplish at the time.

My point was & still is that in order to ship Roxio with the VISTA CERTIFIED LOGO on the box they are Supposed to

supply both 32 bit & 64bit digitally certified Certified Drivers & they Are Not doing that . Pinnacle does why Can't roxio & agreed MS has definately dropped the ball here as well by letting them display the logo with the faults it has.

You still miss the point - CS3 is optimised for dual core but not for 64 bit

Go to your drive and check which folder it has installed to and I'll bet that it's Program Files x86 - the 32 bit app folder

MS always had problems with the 64 bit OS - believe me (XP was actually based on the 2003 Server and not the standard XP) and I don't know what they may have done with Vista 64 - suffice it to say there are a LOT of problems with that particular OS that are as yet unresolved

I won't let it anywhere near any computer I work on (and believe me, I work on a lot for different clients)

You still miss the point - CS3 is optimised for dual core but not for 64 bit
NO not at all Iam perfectly aware that CS3 is not a 64 bit app, but a 32 bit program, but it also does not ship

with a Vista certified Logo on it, at least my copy didn't, and they profess right up front that there is no support for 64bit OS.

MY only issue here is that according to the MS logo certification program Both working 32bit & 64 bit drivers are supposed to be

included & functional Period not that the app has to be 64 bit, it just is supposed to have fully functional working 64 bit drivers included.

I believe Ms is just as at fault as Roxio is here for allowing them to ship it with the certification when obviously it does not meet the criteria as the RXfilter driver issue proves.

I mean it should be a easy enough issue to resolve, write a correct 64 bit driver for the RXfilter problem & fix it with a patch.

You'll probably have a similar problem - you went and got a 64 bit OS - despite the fact that there are NO 64 bit apps to go along with it (and there heven't been ever since XP 64 came out)

No manufacturer is going to supply stuff for a poorly supported Operating System (despite what you or MS may think, 64 bit systems are one thing - apps are another matter entirely)

Has Roxio ever bothered to come up with the required signed RxFilter driver for Vista 64.

You should be talking to Roxio Tech Support. They will know if there is the signed driver you need. This is a USER forum.

Archived