Hd Plug In Wont Install On Imac

tcd2004

Question

I just received Toast 9 and the HD plug-in will not install on my iMac. I double click the file and it does nothing at all. I installed it on my MacBook just fine but even after restarting my iMac, the plug-in won't even try to install. Any ideas?

9 answers to this question

The message is "You can't open the application "TOAST 9 Titanium HD:BD Plug-In Installer.app" because it is not supported on this architecture.

First Response from Roxio - install Toast 9 first. Duh! Who would try to install a plug-in before the application?

Second Response from Roxio - repair disk permissions. Did it. Still same messaage.

I just received Toast 9 and the HD plug-in will not install on my iMac. I double click the file and it does nothing at all. I installed it on my MacBook just fine but even after restarting my iMac, the plug-in won't even try to install. Any ideas?

What is the size of the .zip file and the size of the installer once you uncompress it?

Are there any messages in the console log?

First Response from Roxio - install Toast 9 first. Duh! Who would try to install a plug-in before the application?

you will be surprised to know how many people tried to install content disc for EMC 10 before installing the main program.

Anyhow, do you have any previous version of Toast installed? Is your iMac on 10.4 or 10.5?

The message is "You can't open the application "TOAST 9 Titanium HD:BD Plug-In Installer.app" because it is not supported on this architecture.

Second Response from Roxio - repair disk permissions. Did it. Still same messaage.

Is the machine with an error a PPC or Intel machine?

what's the error? Also, repair permissions.

No errors, just flat out doesnt even open. I just repaired permissions and it's doing the same thing unfortunately

Is the machine with an error a PPC or Intel machine?

Its an intel machine. 2.4ghz core2duo

you will be surprised to know how many people tried to install content disc for EMC 10 before installing the main program.

Anyhow, do you have any previous version of Toast installed? Is your iMac on 10.4 or 10.5?

I did have toast 9 installed first. I still have Toast 8 installed but it was installed on my macbook as well and i didnt have any problem installing the plug in. Both machines are on 10.5.2

Running on a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac using OS 10.5.2

Have deleted all versions of Toast and Roxio components, restarted, emptied trash, repaired permissions, reinstalled Toast 9 (with no problems) but still get the following message:

"You can't open the application "TOAST 9 Titanium HD:BD Plug-In Installer.app" because it is not supported on this architecture."

What is the size of the .zip file and the size of the installer once you uncompress it?

Are there any messages in the console log?

The size of the HD installer is 293.8mb. I installed the exact same file on my macbook with no problems

Archived