• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating Tracks In Live Concert Cd

Charter Raider

Question

I play in a band and we have a CD of a live concert. This was recorded as one single track, maybe 45-50 minutes long.

I want to create separate tracks for each song.

How do I do this in EMC 9.0 with Windows Vista software? A friend has EMC 6.0 on XP and he gets a screen where he sees the wave graph and can create tracks. Can I get that in my version?

7 answers to this question

First, thanks very much to all for your quick responses!

Unfortunately, I am afraid I do not have the Sound Editor function.

When I type "sound editor" into my Roxio help center search box, I don't get any hits.

This is really frustrating for me. My friend suggested I get this software and I had no idea when I bought it it would be the "stripped down" version just because it was installed at Dell. How was I supposed to know that?

Is there an option to get this upgraded? I guess the approximately $80 - $100 I paid for it originally was not enough to get the real thing. What I have now is no better than Windows Media Player.

I bought this new computer with hardware and software specifically so I could copy and edit CDs and homemade DVDs of the band, and I can't do either of those things. Very frustrating.

When I type "sound editor" into my Roxio help center search box, I don't get any hits.

This is really frustrating for me. My friend suggested I get this software and I had no idea when I bought it it would be the "stripped down" version just because it was installed at Dell. How was I supposed to know that?

Is there an option to get this upgraded? I guess the approximately $80 - $100 I paid for it originally was not enough to get the real thing. What I have now is no better than Windows Media Player.

I bought this new computer with hardware and software specifically so I could copy and edit CDs and homemade DVDs of the band, and I can't do either of those things. Very frustrating.

You have a Dell OEM version, contact them and see if they can help you out.

You have nothing to loose.

Charter Raider: Once you're up and running with your EMC software and you determine it has the Sound Editor application, then use that application to import the CD audio and create separate tracks. post-114-1206030325.gif

Does your software allow you to rip to a Wav file or a good Mp3? If not Exact Audio Copy, or CDex free programs, then Gold Wave trial, Audacity, mp3DirectCut free programs, have audio (sound) editors. Many more if you Google, I'm sure. yesredface.gifyesredface.gifyesredface.gif

cd

If you paid $80-$100 and you don't have the full version then you got ripped off and you should complain to Dell about it. Normally Dell just includes a stripped down version "free"

How do I do this in EMC 9.0 with Windows Vista software?

Bring in the audio from the CD to the Sound Editor application and isolate each track. Then export the resulting clip.

Did this 9.0 Version come pre-installed on the pc with Vista? If so you don't have a retail version with all the bells and whistles.

I thought to be Vista certified a Retail Roxio EMC 9.1 was required.....RoxioEMCSuitev9.1Updater_1Z26QZS0RU3.exe :blink:

cd

Archived