Downloadingroxioemcsuitev10-47379a50r05.exe

rxr104

Question

Possible someone has had this problem. I called support (roxio10) and they told me to creat a folder on my desktop and download the file to there. I did and after running it the file unzips but won't execute. Instead a wonderful red box appears called Trojan.generic. and asks me if I want to terminate, quarantee or allow the trojan to run. I don't do choice #3. If I use #1 the roxio.exe terminates and I have to start all over. This is starting to *^$$ me off. Thanks for any suggestions. (RoxioEMCSuitev10_4737GA50R05.exe (Creator 10 Suite) (719 mb) - Download )

(http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc10/software_updates.html)

4 answers to this question

Possible someone has had this problem. I called support (roxio10) and they told me to creat a folder on my desktop and download the file to there. I did and after running it the file unzips but won't execute. Instead a wonderful red box appears called Trojan.generic. and asks me if I want to terminate, quarantee or allow the trojan to run. I don't do choice #3. If I use #1 the roxio.exe terminates and I have to start all over. This is starting to *^$$ me off. Thanks for any suggestions. (RoxioEMCSuitev10_4737GA50R05.exe (Creator 10 Suite) (719 mb) - Download )

That's the correct name and size. There is a content download about the same size. The "red box Trojan.generic" is that from your antivirus? Right click the folder the .exe extracts to and have your anti virus scan it. I think the download is fine and your anti virus is giving a false positive, what is the name of your anti virus software?

cd

I agree with cd - it's a false positive from your anti-virus program.

Given that you got the download from a trusted source, and it's the right size, I would either turn off the AV software for the moment or else select choice #3.

Regards,

Brendon

I agree. I stopped using AVG free version because I would be getting false positives too often. Most companies would tell you to disconnect from the net and turn off your anitvirus EVERYTIME you install anything.

719 MB says nothing about exact size. It can be 10 bytes short and it's still 719MB.

Even when the size is right, bytes inside still can be corrupt.

If the install package is digitally signed, you can check if it is OK in Digital Signature tab of the properties dialog.

Also MD5 or other hash could make you sure.

Archived