Split from Unreleated Thread

computerilliterate

Question

Please tell us in some detail, how you burned the DVD. What program, what method, what type of disc you used.

HELP! I hope someone here really is a computer guru! I had several video clips that I recorded over the year of my cheerleaders. I wanted to make copies to give the girls so I recorded the clips from my video camera onto my DVD/DVR connected to my TV. I have "Easy CD and DVD Burning" installed on my computer, but every time I try to burn a DVD from the original, the computer/program doesn't recognize the original DVD---it keeps telling me to load a disk into the drive. I know the original plays on my TV...what is wrong? Any ideas on how to do a simple copy of DVD?

HELP! I hope someone here really is a computer guru! I had several video clips that I recorded over the year of my cheerleaders. I wanted to make copies to give the girls so I recorded the clips from my video camera onto my DVD/DVR connected to my TV. I have "Easy CD and DVD Burning" installed on my computer, but every time I try to burn a DVD from the original, the computer/program doesn't recognize the original DVD---it keeps telling me to load a disk into the drive. I know the original plays on my TV...what is wrong? Any ideas on how to do a simple copy of DVD?

Original DVD....plugged my video camera into my DVD burner (CyberHome) and it plays fine in different DVD players. The one I have been trying to burn.... I do not have a DVD burner on my computer, just a CD burner, so I purchased an external LiteOn EZ-DUB drive that I connected. When I place my original DVD in the E drive and list that as the souce and K as the destination drive, it recognizes K, but says there is no disk in E. I have tried other DVDs/CDs I have and it recognizes them.

2 answers to this question

Original DVD....plugged my video camera into my DVD burner (CyberHome) and it plays fine in different DVD players. The one I have been trying to burn.... I do not have a DVD burner on my computer, just a CD burner, so I purchased an external LiteOn EZ-DUB drive that I connected. When I place my original DVD in the E drive and list that as the souce and K as the destination drive, it recognizes K, but says there is no disk in E. I have tried other DVDs/CDs I have and it recognizes them.

Could be that your "E" drive is only a CD reader and can't read a DVD disc. Try using the "K" drive as both your source and destination.

Archived