• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I Can't Install Content

James Fortune

Question

During many installs and uninstalls, when I tried to re-install the Content, it took seven minutes of unpacking before it popped up the message "EMC 10 Content 1.0.015 is already installed." It then told me to use Repair in Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. But in WinXP Pro there is no Repair button. You can only uninstall and I get this error when I try to uninstall - "Error 1316A. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Roxio Content 10.msi".

On looking, I do not have a file called Roxio Content 10.msi :(

Can anyone send me one (james@jfaworld.com) so that I can get my Content uninstalled so that I can reinstall it properly?

Or is there another solution?

5 answers to this question

Using a zip utility (like Winzip or Winrar for ex. ), manually extract your content download to a folder (make on for this first, like EMC10 content). Then when you run the uninstall in add/remove programs, point it to the folder you extracted the content file to and it should be able to find the .msi file there.

Thanks fo the suggestion Larry. I tried it but it didn't work. It still won't let me re-install! It's such a unnecessary and stupid error. It should just allow a re-install even if it thinks I have installed already. It is the ONLY way to repair a broken install with WinXP Pro! :angry:

Thanks fo the suggestion Larry. I tried it but it didn't work. It still won't let me re-install! It's such a unnecessary and stupid error. It should just allow a re-install even if it thinks I have installed already. It is the ONLY way to repair a broken install with WinXP Pro! :angry:

Maybe try a clean install before reinstalling.

XP Clean Install

During many installs and uninstalls, when I tried to re-install the Content, it took seven minutes of unpacking before it popped up the message "EMC 10 Content 1.0.015 is already installed." It then told me to use Repair in Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. But in WinXP Pro there is no Repair button. You can only uninstall and I get this error when I try to uninstall - "Error 1316A. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Roxio Content 10.msi".

On looking, I do not have a file called Roxio Content 10.msi :(

Can anyone send me one (james@jfaworld.com) so that I can get my Content uninstalled so that I can reinstall it properly?

Or is there another solution?

Using a zip utility (like Winzip or Winrar for ex. ), manually extract your content download to a folder (make on for this first, like EMC10 content). Then when you run the uninstall in add/remove programs, point it to the folder you extracted the content file to and it should be able to find the .msi file there.

Archived