• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Multisession On Dvd+r

mflanigan020

Question

I have Roxio Sonic Digital Media LE on a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop, with a Matshita UJ-850 drive. I cannot burn a multisession data DVD. The first session burns fine, the second apparently runs with no errors, but only the first session is visible. I am on XP SP2, and build 2.4.13e of Digital Media. The drive firmware is RB31. I have the radio button for multisession checked in the Data options.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I suspect you probably are burning the multisession DVD properly. If only the first session on a multisession disc is readable, it's usually a drive firmware issue.

Suggest you check the DVD in someone else's machine to see if you can read all sessions there. If you can read them in another machine, check for the latest firmware for your drive. I see there is a firmware 1.01 out there, but check your manufacturer's site for the latest. Matsushita, Matshita, or Panasonic.

Brendon,

Thanks - I'll check the drive out.

Regards,

Mike

I suspect you probably are burning the multisession DVD properly. If only the first session on a multisession disc is readable, it's usually a drive firmware issue.

Suggest you check the DVD in someone else's machine to see if you can read all sessions there. If you can read them in another machine, check for the latest firmware for your drive. I see there is a firmware 1.01 out there, but check your manufacturer's site for the latest. Matsushita, Matshita, or Panasonic.

Archived