• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 7 - Error 80004005

torres40041

Question

I just started using EMC 7 and at the end of the burning process I get an error message of

"Overall Status: Error: Burning Image To disc (creator burning)

Error Code = 0x80004005.

Can someone please give me some advise. I'm new to this whole burning deal and it's getting a little frustating.

thanks

8 answers to this question

Thanks a lot for all of your guys advise. I actually just finished reading the whole roxio DVD builder User Guide. I tried saving it to an ISO file, but now I get a new Error Code.

It states:

Burn Status: Error encoding Title 1 of 5 (transcoding phase)

Error Code = 0 x 80040154 111

current operation: finished with errors

Thanks again for all of your help. I went to the discussion forum and tried some of the suggestions to fix this error but nothing has worked.

I don't have any easy answer. You could try a repair install but I feel it would be best to remove EMC, run roxizap to make sure it's all gone and start over. Not a great way to spend your time and no guarantee it will work but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Before you do this though, please post your system specs as well as the other software you have on your system. Maybe there is a conflict with another program.

I don't have any easy answer. You could try a repair install but I feel it would be best to remove EMC, run roxizap to make sure it's all gone and start over. Not a great way to spend your time and no guarantee it will work but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Before you do this though, please post your system specs as well as the other software you have on your system. Maybe there is a conflict with another program.

Paul,

Thanks for all of your help. I actually uninstalled the program and then ran roxizap. Then I re-installed EMC 7 as you said. I was then able to save my project as an ISO just as you said. From there I tried burning it to a DVD and once again I received an Error. The funny thing about it was that it happened almost at the end of the burn process. Any how, I decided to use a different type of DVD and believe it or not, it worked. At first I was using a sony DVD, and it did not work. The second time I actually used a TDK DVD and it worked. Now I can start making my daughters softball video. Once again thanks for all of your help, I can't thank you enough.

Paul,

Thanks for all of your help. I actually uninstalled the program and then ran roxizap. Then I re-installed EMC 7 as you said. I was then able to save my project as an ISO just as you said. From there I tried burning it to a DVD and once again I received an Error. The funny thing about it was that it happened almost at the end of the burn process. Any how, I decided to use a different type of DVD and believe it or not, it worked. At first I was using a sony DVD, and it did not work. The second time I actually used a TDK DVD and it worked. Now I can start making my daughters softball video. Once again thanks for all of your help, I can't thank you enough.

Thanks for letting me know you found success. Sometimes it's the simplest and easiest thing that works. I actually didn't think it was the discs when I posted my first response but instead, a firmware problem. But, the important thing is you're up and running.

I hope your daughter enjoys the fruits of your hard labor.

I just started using EMC 7 and at the end of the burning process I get an error message of

"Overall Status: Error: Burning Image To disc (creator burning)

Error Code = 0x80004005.

Can someone please give me some advise. I'm new to this whole burning deal and it's getting a little frustating.

thanks

Burning direct to disc is hit or miss IMO so I suggest you try burning to an ISO (save image file) then use Disc Copier to burn the ISO file to disc. I've had no problems taking this extra step.

Other problems could be a bad disc or poor media that your burner doesn't like, firmware update needed or that your computer is doing other things when your project is being burned to disc. ISO is the way to go.

Burning direct to disc is hit or miss IMO so I suggest you try burning to an ISO (save image file) then use Disc Copier to burn the ISO file to disc. I've had no problems taking this extra step.

Other problems could be a bad disc or poor media that your burner doesn't like, firmware update needed or that your computer is doing other things when your project is being burned to disc. ISO is the way to go.

Thanks for the advise. The only problem is that I do not know how to save it to an ISO. Can you please explain how to do this.

Thanks again for all of your help

Thanks for the advise. The only problem is that I do not know how to save it to an ISO. Can you please explain how to do this.

When finished your project in DVD Builder, click Burn. When the burn dialogue box opens, clear the check (if checked) at Burn to Disc and place a check at Save Image File. Click the Browse button and select a directory where you want the file saved and give it a name (remember where you save it). When the encoding is done, shut down DVD Builder----you can save the DVD Builder file if you want, then navigate to where you saved your file, double click it and Disc Copier should open up. From there you can burn the ISO file to your disc.

One suggestion is to test this file by burning to an RW disc to see if it comes out to your liking before you waste any good discs.

First of all, it is best to build your production in VideoWave, save it, then click on the burn button, (DVD icon) which will open DVD Builder. Pick DVD for project type, then make any changes that you want for the background picture that will show on the DVD when it comes up, in your set top player. You can make other changes as well, such as what music will play at the Menu screen. Save your production in DVD Builder, too.

Now, click on the burn icon. Uncheck the Burn to DVD option and check the Burn to Image File option. In the Advanced Options, pick best, and also, in the dropdown box, pick whether you want the production to play through or whatever you want. Also, make sure that NTSC is showing, if you live in the U.S.

Pick a name and location for the ISO file, and click Burn. Once the file is burned, open Disc Copier, click on the Advanced Options, click in the circle to the left of Disc Image or DVD Video Folder, browse for the ISO file that you just made, click on it, and it will load into Disc Copier. You can then burn it to DVD. This ISO option works best, for most.

Prior to doing all of this, defrag your hard drive, get rid of all spyware on your computer, using free versions of AdAware or Spybot, and make sure that your DVD burner has the latest firmware update.

Thanks a lot for all of your guys advise. I actually just finished reading the whole roxio DVD builder User Guide. I tried saving it to an ISO file, but now I get a new Error Code.

It states:

Burn Status: Error encoding Title 1 of 5 (transcoding phase)

Error Code = 0 x 80040154 111

current operation: finished with errors

Thanks again for all of your help. I went to the discussion forum and tried some of the suggestions to fix this error but nothing has worked.

Archived