• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help With Unstable Past Roxio

auburnfb

Question

I had a problem a while back when I uninstalled Roxio Easy Media 7. I have had to disable my Installer so that it isnt unstable. I used to get an HP help box popping up that says I have a Direct CD driver that is intalled is Creating stability problems ... update here and it goes to the EM8. SO I installed the box version and the warning still appears and my installer still surges so that I have to disable it each time I am done installing something. Is there a patch that I should get that will recognize that I did get the Easy Media 8.?

8 answers to this question

I had a problem a while back when I uninstalled Roxio Easy Media 7. I have had to disable my Installer so that it isnt unstable. I used to get an HP help box popping up that says I have a Direct CD driver that is intalled is Creating stability problems ... update here and it goes to the EM8. SO I installed the box version and the warning still appears and my installer still surges so that I have to disable it each time I am done installing something. Is there a patch that I should get that will recognize that I did get the Easy Media 8.?

Hi auburnfb,

a few quick questions?, do you still want to keep version 7 on the system? and only remove the version 8?

and are you only wanting to remove the direct CD comonents?.

Here are a few helpfull hints for you.

if you just want to blow all the roxio products away (EMC7 & 8) then ?

1. firstly can you do us all here a favor and post some computer info in your signature or add it to your

post as we all here cannot diagnose the full issue without the info on service packs and OS ect...

2. secondly... you should do two things , one run Roxio Zap a few times and that will remove your version on EMC8 & 7 and all the other items in the install side , then run this free registry cleaner (DOWNLOAD HERE) be careful that it doesn't remove any other parts of program's you want.

then reboot and that should have remove all parts of the EMC range.......

3. remember that the systems requirement for this package is Windows XP Service Pack 2 and then there are the CPU and ram requirements ect...

Iv posted the system requirements bellow...

Title: Easy Media Creator 8 System Requirements

Effected Applications: Easy Media Creator 8

Applicable Operating Systems:

Windows 2000 Professional

Windows XP Home / Pro / Media Center

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Issue:What are the system requirements for Easy Media Creator 8?

Solution:

Minimum Requirements:

• Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE (Service Pack 2), x64 Edition*; Win2K (SP 4 or later)

• Music and data discs: 500 MHz Intel® Pentium III (or equiv.); 128 MB RAM

• DVaD, slideshow or video authoring: 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.); 256 MB RAM

• Video capture:1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.)

• 1 GB disk space for installation

• 9 GB hard disk space for copying DVD-Video discs

• 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card.

• DirectX 9 or higher

• QuickTime 6.4

• CD-ROM compatible drive

• Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher

*Backup MyPC and DVDInfo Pro do not run on x64 systems

Optional:

• CD or DVD Recordable drive

• 16-bit Windows compatible sound card and speakers

• Internet connection (broadband recommended)

• UPnP compliant home network router

• OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire card (for use with DV camera) or video capture device

• Internal floppy disk drive

I have a HP p4 512MB, 80 GB, model xv976 that I keep upgrading. and XP 2.

Yes I had ROxio 7 and uninstalled it a few months ago. I have Registy cleaned it and searched for the Direct CD, Roxio, etc. ANd never found anything. I got the Easy Media 8 and installed that since I thought it would take that HP Direct CD warning away but no luck. I hate to uninstall EMC8 and run that roxiozap or should I do that and start over.?

If I can deltete that Direct CD that will be ok with me. I hate to have to disable the Windows installer all the time. It also doesnt permit me ever to upgrade my Adobe PDF stuff since it always says I have to complete the other install (Roxio 7) before upgrading. I am pretty sure I deleted most of 7, but it must be hiding somewhere.

Bill

Hi auburnfb,

a few quick questions?, do you still want to keep version 7 on the system? and only remove the version 8?

and are you only wanting to remove the direct CD comonents?.

Here are a few helpfull hints for you.

if you just want to blow all the roxio products away (EMC7 & 8) then ?

1. firstly can you do us all here a favor and post some computer info in your signature or add it to your

post as we all here cannot diagnose the full issue without the info on service packs and OS ect...

2. secondly... you should do two things , one run Roxio Zap a few times and that will remove your version on EMC8 & 7 and all the other items in the install side , then run this free registry cleaner (DOWNLOAD HERE) be careful that it doesn't remove any other parts of program's you want.

then reboot and that should have remove all parts of the EMC range.......

3. remember that the systems requirement for this package is Windows XP Service Pack 2 and then there are the CPU and ram requirements ect...

Iv posted the system requirements bellow...

Title: Easy Media Creator 8 System Requirements

Effected Applications: Easy Media Creator 8

Applicable Operating Systems:

Windows 2000 Professional

Windows XP Home / Pro / Media Center

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Issue:What are the system requirements for Easy Media Creator 8?

Solution:

Minimum Requirements:

• Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE (Service Pack 2), x64 Edition*; Win2K (SP 4 or later)

• Music and data discs: 500 MHz Intel® Pentium III (or equiv.); 128 MB RAM

• DVaD, slideshow or video authoring: 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.); 256 MB RAM

• Video capture:1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.)

• 1 GB disk space for installation

• 9 GB hard disk space for copying DVD-Video discs

• 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card.

• DirectX 9 or higher

• QuickTime 6.4

• CD-ROM compatible drive

• Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher

*Backup MyPC and DVDInfo Pro do not run on x64 systems

Optional:

• CD or DVD Recordable drive

• 16-bit Windows compatible sound card and speakers

• Internet connection (broadband recommended)

• UPnP compliant home network router

• OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire card (for use with DV camera) or video capture device

• Internal floppy disk drive

Definately uninstall V8,run Roxizap (maybe a couple times) and then try reinstalling like Neil says.

Agree... tbrewst, start fresh here would be the better answer, less issues

Id Zap this baby and then go with the EMC8 install again, this would then kill two birds with one stone, it would fix your installer service issue, and it would solve the direct cd issue and should make things run clean again.

Thanks for the help. The HP DirectCD warning doesnt come up and the Microsoft utility helped. The pnly things is that I have to Disable the Windows Installer... that is Surging contimually. I can live with that.

I am not sure Roxio actually should market a product that screws up a PC so much. To have their own Tech help site and so many problems with capatibility is not good. And to have Tech support not easy to contact, is a mega red Flag. I see why the Stock price is down.

DOesnt take away from the help here.... It is appreciated.

Usually that warning was coming from a previous version of DirectCd that wasn't compatible with Windows XP.It's strange that with running Roxizap and the Install cleanup that it didn't clear it.If you feel comfortable doing it you might try doing a manual search of the registry to see if you find a DirectCD entry.Be very careful though.

Still Installer problem.... I noticed on the roxio Zap it said removing ROxio 4 and 5. DO you have one for 6 and mostly 7 ? Or is that ok. I will run it a couple times as you metioned.

Bill

Agree... tbrewst, start fresh here would be the better answer, less issues

Id Zap this baby and then go with the EMC8 install again, this would then kill two birds with one stone, it would fix your installer service issue, and it would solve the direct cd issue and should make things run clean again.

It'll be ok.It should work for all versions.The other thing you might try is the Windows Install Cleanup Utility.You can get it from Microsoft.This removes Windows Installer configuration information.If it's a problem with past installer info this also might fix it.You can get it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

Archived