Internal Error - Error Code 010e.80070006

mrssrobinson

Question

I have a HP Pavillion with Windows XP. I had problems with my EMC 9 continuing to freeze on me and at a friend's suggestion I uninstalled it and have been trying to reinstall it. I downloaded and ran the clean up utility, am certain there are no sonic or roxio things on my computer and yet I continue to get an message that will not allow me to reinstall. A window pops up that says error code: 010E.80070006. Please advise because I need to do a presenation for school asap!

Thank you

p.s., I have also made sure that no other programs are running

5 answers to this question

That error code is probably an XP error. I've been trying to find a solution but have been unable to do so. It is an "Invalid Handle Error" sometimes associated with Microsoft Visual Studio. Do you have that on your computer? It could also be the Software manager application which may not be uninstalled with a clean uninstall of EMC 9.

I googled for that error and found lots of hits. Perhaps you can see one that might be applicable.

ARGH!!! unfortunately nothing there looked to apply to my problem. I don't have Visual Studio. If there were still applications that did not get uninstalled with the clean uninstall where would I find it? I have followed the clean uninstall to the letter a couple of times already and to no avail. I am not the most computer savvy person, would you recommend that I take it into a computer place like Best Buy to have them install it?

I am really bummed because despite the bugginess of Roxio, I am one of its biggest fans.

UPDATE: I was able to reinstall my old EMC 7 with no problem at all. What am I missing between 7 and 9?

I have a HP Pavillion with Windows XP. I had problems with my EMC 9 continuing to freeze on me and at a friend's suggestion I uninstalled it and have been trying to reinstall it. I downloaded and ran the clean up utility, am certain there are no sonic or roxio things on my computer and yet I continue to get an message that will not allow me to reinstall. A window pops up that says error code: 010E.80070006. Please advise because I need to do a presenation for school asap!

Thank you

p.s., I have also made sure that no other programs are running

Follow the instructions, for a clean install, in the following link. If you have Vista, scroll down to the bottom of the instructions, and click on the link for Vista.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Follow the instructions, for a clean install, in the following link. If you have Vista, scroll down to the bottom of the instructions, and click on the link for Vista.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

I did the clean install at http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR and still have not been successful. I have done a search on my computer of any sonic or roxio files and there are none, so I am assuming that my computer is clean of any old files.

I did the clean install at http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR and still have not been successful. I have done a search on my computer of any sonic or roxio files and there are none, so I am assuming that my computer is clean of any old files.

That error code is probably an XP error. I've been trying to find a solution but have been unable to do so. It is an "Invalid Handle Error" sometimes associated with Microsoft Visual Studio. Do you have that on your computer? It could also be the Software manager application which may not be uninstalled with a clean uninstall of EMC 9.

I googled for that error and found lots of hits. Perhaps you can see one that might be applicable.

ARGH!!! unfortunately nothing there looked to apply to my problem. I don't have Visual Studio. If there were still applications that did not get uninstalled with the clean uninstall where would I find it? I have followed the clean uninstall to the letter a couple of times already and to no avail. I am not the most computer savvy person, would you recommend that I take it into a computer place like Best Buy to have them install it?

I am really bummed because despite the bugginess of Roxio, I am one of its biggest fans.

UPDATE: I was able to reinstall my old EMC 7 with no problem at all. What am I missing between 7 and 9?

Possibly hardware. Please post your computer specs including your video card/chip information.

If you have a name brand computer,go to the manufacturer's web site and update the drivers that are listed. Also update DirectX 9c from Microsoft.

Are you running Windows XP SP2 or Vista?

Archived