Weird Problem

HCS

Question

Installed toast loads no problem ran streamer for a couple of days worked like a champ did the apple upgrades security, safari and now toast still loads no problem when I try and load streamer it now comes up with a message that it requires toast 9...This is installed and working with no problem...also disc Cover no longer loads..I did a reinstall same result any Ideas.. I am at a total brick wall on this one...Thanks in advance for any suggestions

11 answers to this question

this was an upgrade from 8 after i installed 9 i deleted 8 since i have reinstalled it about 6 times now without 8 on the machine.realy strange is that the instructions say you need 8 on the machine to install it yet it will let me install without 8 on the machine now..9 loads and runs with no problem streamer asks for nine disc cover never even loads

Any further suggestion on how to make your product work

Installed toast loads no problem ran streamer for a couple of days worked like a champ did the apple upgrades security, safari and now toast still loads no problem when I try and load streamer it now comes up with a message that it requires toast 9...This is installed and working with no problem...also disc Cover no longer loads..I did a reinstall same result any Ideas.. I am at a total brick wall on this one...Thanks in advance for any suggestions

1) Close Toast if it's open

2) Can you go to the folder /users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences and delete the following files:

com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor.plist

com.roxio.Streamer.plist

com.roxio.Toast.plist

3) Launch Toast 9 and complete the setup assistant, then quit the application.

4) Try launching Streamer

1) Close Toast if it's open

2) Can you go to the folder /users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences and delete the following files:

com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor.plist

com.roxio.Streamer.plist

com.roxio.Toast.plist

3) Launch Toast 9 and complete the setup assistant, then quit the application.

4) Try launching Streamer

I get the same results toast 9 loads ok but streamer says I need toast 9 which is installed

Did you launch and quit Toast 9 before trying to launch Streamer again?

Yes in fact id id the whole process a second time same results weird toast 9 loads and works no problem but streamer which did work now says 9 is needed.. i even loaded toast 9 and then tried to run streamer same results

Yes in fact id id the whole process a second time same results weird toast 9 loads and works no problem but streamer which did work now says 9 is needed.. i even loaded toast 9 and then tried to run streamer same results

Make sure to remove the above files from you HD's prefrences folder as well at: /Library/Prefrences.

Make sure to remove the above files from you HD's prefrences folder as well at: /Library/Prefrences.

Did that redid the whole thing again what is weird is that it worked for a couple of days is there a way to remove every file and start from scratch are there invisible file to delete..even though i remove the files you asked me to it seems to still have my serial number from version during the upgrade process

Did that redid the whole thing again what is weird is that it worked for a couple of days is there a way to remove every file and start from scratch are there invisible file to delete..even though i remove the files you asked me to it seems to still have my serial number from version during the upgrade process

Yes i think we both forgot to tell you to remove the "Roxio Toast Prefs" file from both locations.

Yes i think we both forgot to tell you to remove the "Roxio Toast Prefs" file from both locations.

Removed it from everywhere and the problem persists did a global find and removed everything it found reinstall and streamer still says it need ver 9 yet that loads with no problem

One last question. Do you have any other version of toast installed?

this was an upgrade from 8 after i installed 9 i deleted 8 since i have reinstalled it about 6 times now without 8 on the machine.realy strange is that the instructions say you need 8 on the machine to install it yet it will let me install without 8 on the machine now..9 loads and runs with no problem streamer asks for nine disc cover never even loads

Archived