• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Copy And Convert Not Recog. Disk

Load Polonius

Question

So I have burned using most of the EMC 10 applications before; however, now when I am trying to burn to a DL DVD it says for me to insert a disk when an unused one is in there. It's at the burn setup page, and I have checked the container next to my burner (ASUS DRW-2014L1T) and put a blank disk in. It recognizes there is a blank DVD+R in there with 8.0 GB free space, then says "(Insert Disk)" after the red letters saying there is a disk already in there. I tried other brands of DVDs and non DL disks, but get the exact same "(Insert Disk)" after the red letters. Any ideas on how to solve this? I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times with no luck. Thanks

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 3800+ / 2 GB RAM / 250 GB SATA + 120 GB IDE HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS / ASUS DRW-2014L1T DVD +/- DL / Windows XP Pro SP2 / Norton 360 Security

12 answers to this question

Pic #1 copy and convert set for DVD +R Double Layer, with DVD -R single layer disc in the burner. Note red lettering?

Pic #2 copy and convert set for DVD-R/ DVD+R, with DVD -R single layer disc in the burner. Note no red lettering?

Pic #3 copy and convert set for DVD +R Double Layer, with DVD +R Double Layer disc in the burner. Note no red lettering?

Does this make it any clearer?

cd

EMC10CCSLD.png

EMC10CCSLD1.png

ENC10CCDL1.png

Somewhat clearer. When I pick DVD-R/DVD+R with a DL disc in there there is no red lettering. But, with a DL disc in there and I choose DL+R Disc I still get red lettering. Is this a hardware problem possibly?

Somewhat clearer. When I pick DVD-R/DVD+R with a DL disc in there there is no red lettering. But, with a DL disc in there and I choose DL+R Disc I still get red lettering. Is this a hardware problem possibly?

Do you have a DL Drive?

Match the source side, drop down size menu, with the disc in the drive.

To identify your drive in XP. Right click my computer and click properties. The system properties window opens, click the Hardware tab and then click device manager. The Device Manager Window opens, from the top view, make sure a dot is next to view devices by type. Click the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives, post what it reads?

For the firmware version, right click the drive/s and click properties, click the details tab. It should show, example mine IDECDROMBENQ_DVD_DD_DW1640_______________BSRB_____. The # where my BSRB is, is what we need you to post with the drive model/name.

cd

Do you have a DL Drive?

Match the source side, drop down size menu, with the disc in the drive.

To identify your drive in XP. Right click my computer and click properties. The system properties window opens, click the Hardware tab and then click device manager. The Device Manager Window opens, from the top view, make sure a dot is next to view devices by type. Click the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives, post what it reads?

For the firmware version, right click the drive/s and click properties, click the details tab. It should show, example mine IDECDROMBENQ_DVD_DD_DW1640_______________BSRB_____. The # where my BSRB is, is what we need you to post with the drive model/name.

cd

I definately have a DL burner. Here is what it says under the drive properties:

IDE\CDROMASUS_DRW-2014L1T_____________________1.02___\5&29D191C5&0&0.0.0

1.02 Firmware is the latest available according to the ASUS web page.

I definately have a DL burner. Here is what it says under the drive properties:

IDE\CDROMASUS_DRW-2014L1T_____________________1.02___\5&29D191C5&0&0.0.0

1.02 Firmware is the latest available according to the ASUS web page.

Are you in North America? Post a link to the firmware version 1.02 on the Asus site. Is the drive IDE or SATA?

What Brand and X speed are your DL disc's?

cd

Are you in North America? Post a link to the firmware version 1.02 on the Asus site. Is the drive IDE or SATA?

What Brand and X speed are your DL disc's?

cd

Can't get a direct link to the firmware, but here is a link to the search area.

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

Using the ASUS DRW-2014L1T burner, and downloaded the 1.02 firmware for WinXP.

Using Memorex DVD+R DL, 2.4X Speed discs.

When you set "Pic #3 copy and convert set for DVD +R Double Layer, with DVD +R Double Layer disc in the burner." What does the green bar at the bottom of destination read in MB?

What does the burn screen show different than mine, next to the drive, #3 above?

Is there a check mark next to the ASUS drive? If you push OK on the burn screen, what happens?

cd

The green bar reads the same as in Pic#3, 8147 MB. When I click burn, and have my ASUS drive selected, it differs from pic#3 in the fact that it says in RED "Blank DVD+R, Free space: 8.0GB (Insert Disc)".

I just tried the same DL DVDs on my laptop with this program, and got it to read as a DVD+R DL. I'm thinking this might be my burner now not recognizing these discs as DL, but rather 8.0 GB DVD+Rs. I might go buy a new pack of DL DVDs and re try. Any other ideas you can think might work?

The DVD +R DL Memorex I've seen are a Ritek disc! Buy DVD+R DL Verbatim next time. Your firmware might not be that good for the Memorex disc.

For the hell of it try #5 in my signature and try it again with the Memoorex disc.

cd

I've tried Custom and DVD + Double Layer, same results. Also tried DVD+R/-R with a std. DVD and still nothing.

Pic #1 copy and convert set for DVD +R Double Layer, with DVD -R single layer disc in the burner. Note red lettering?

Pic #2 copy and convert set for DVD-R/ DVD+R, with DVD -R single layer disc in the burner. Note no red lettering?

Pic #3 copy and convert set for DVD +R Double Layer, with DVD +R Double Layer disc in the burner. Note no red lettering?

Does this make it any clearer?

cd

EMC10CCSLD.png

EMC10CCSLD1.png

ENC10CCDL1.png

Archived