• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help!

Griz56

Question

This has been a real journey. I was attempting to use LightScribe for the first time and it did not work.Kept getting a " Does not recognize the disc" message. Yes the disc was in the correct way and yes the disc is Verbatim LightScribe discs. After contacting HP they told me to uninstall and reinstall my "Sonic applications". I tried this and there were no Sonic applications to uninstall. My wife reminded me that about a year ago my computer crashed and was repaired so perhaps they were not reinstalled. Makes sense. HP has not been much help so far. I was thinking it would be easier to just buy the program and install it my self. So I Goggled Sonic applications and found my way here. Will my plan work? Does this program work with LightScribe? Or do I have to take the computer to the shop and have my hard drive wiped and start over? Any help would be appreciated!

Dale

3 answers to this question

This has been a real journey. I was attempting to use LightScribe for the first time and it did not work.Kept getting a " Does not recognize the disc" message. Yes the disc was in the correct way and yes the disc is Verbatim LightScribe discs. After contacting HP they told me to uninstall and reinstall my "Sonic applications". I tried this and there were no Sonic applications to uninstall. My wife reminded me that about a year ago my computer crashed and was repaired so perhaps they were not reinstalled. Makes sense. HP has not been much help so far. I was thinking it would be easier to just buy the program and install it my self. So I Goggled Sonic applications and found my way here. Will my plan work? Does this program work with LightScribe? Or do I have to take the computer to the shop and have my hard drive wiped and start over? Any help would be appreciated!

Dale Grizleebear1956@yahoo.com

If all you are trying to do is make a LightScribe label, you do not have to buy anything. As James pointed out you can get the LightScribe drivers HERE. While there you can also download two free LightScribe applications that will allow you to burn LightScribe discs. I have used both to create many LightScribe labels. The "LS Simple Labeler" allows you to create simple labels as the name implies. The "LS Template Labeler" gives you a much wider range of LightScribe labels with backgrounds, etc. Be sure to download any of the template packages that you might be interested in. I downloaded all of them, after all can never have too much free stuff. While at that site, be sure and look at the "Get Started" page and the various links on it. One last hint, I have one drive that is real finky and I have to make sure the silver ring around the core is very clean, this ring is used to identify that it is indeed a LightScribe disc and that you have the correct side down. I am sure someone will point out the official name of the silver ring, but since it is the only one on the disc you should be able to locate it regardless of what its' name is.

Edit to add: I believe LightScribe is a HP technology

Dale Grizleebear1956@yahoo.com

Have you also installed the drivers for the Lightscribe? I believe you have to get them from HP.

Archived