• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 9 Spin Doctor 5

djhubba

Question

Well..after having alot of problems with CDSD 4..I downloaded Toast 9 with CDSD 5 hoping it would fix the problems I was having. Well it still does the same thing. Also Now..if I use the filters after filtering all data is lost...it completely wipes out the songs I recorded from vinyl. So Now I have spent alot of dough on programs that are so buggy..I cant even use. I Love the Spin Doctor program when it works ..so if any "Digital Gurus" or "software geniuses" or Roxio support people read this PLEASE help me. Customer support have ignored my open ticket with them so if any other Toast/spin doctor users have any insight for me I would love to hear from you. I am still having distortion creep into to the files as I recorded them or "Hangs" forcing me to quit the recording process...and now the missing data when using filters in CDSD 5. I dont even care about the other apps of Toast..the only reason I got this is for the spin Doctor ap so I can record my vinyl.

Ok..I have heard it might be a quicktime conflict or another software conflict. When I first set up the usb turntable to the macbook..it came with soundsoap that I loaded in before I purchased toast 8. Could this be my problem? If so where do I find it to trash it. I cant find any sound soap files when I do a search.

I absolutely love the user friendliness of Spin Doctor..thats why I am so frustrated its not working properly..I am a digital dj and would love to record my vinyl to my macbook..HELP PLEASE.

Thanks in advance for anyones insight.

Hubba using a Macbook OSX 10.5.2

2GHz intel core 2 Duo

3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Quicktime version 7.4.1 (14)

spin doctor 5 (a part of Toast 9 download bundle)

3 answers to this question

There once was a conflict between Soundsoap and Spin Doctor. Bias released a Soundsoap update that fixed that. I have both on my Macs. Look in your User>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST folder and Get Info on the Bias SoundSoap.vst plugin. (Interestingly I see that mine is in the Plugins folder and not in the VST folder). My version of the SounSoap plugin is 2.0.1.7936. If yours is earlier than that check Bias for an update.

I'm sorry you lost your source files. That would really annoy me. Something you can do is save the raw audio tracks as soon as they are recorded so they exist outside of Spin Doctor.

As you know I don't have the USB turntable. There are other ways to capture audio on the Mac and as long as it is saved as AIFF it can be opened and filtered in Spin Doctor.

Have you tried capturing using the Spin Doctor Dashboard widget? Maybe that will work better than having Spin Doctor open for at least the capture stage.

By the way, I believe Roxio is working on some Spin Doctor fixes.

There once was a conflict between Soundsoap and Spin Doctor. Bias released a Soundsoap update that fixed that. I have both on my Macs. Look in your User>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST folder and Get Info on the Bias SoundSoap.vst plugin. (Interestingly I see that mine is in the Plugins folder and not in the VST folder). My version of the SounSoap plugin is 2.0.1.7936. If yours is earlier than that check Bias for an update.

I'm sorry you lost your source files. That would really annoy me. Something you can do is save the raw audio tracks as soon as they are recorded so they exist outside of Spin Doctor.

As you know I don't have the USB turntable. There are other ways to capture audio on the Mac and as long as it is saved as AIFF it can be opened and filtered in Spin Doctor.

Have you tried capturing using the Spin Doctor Dashboard widget? Maybe that will work better than having Spin Doctor open for at least the capture stage.

By the way, I believe Roxio is working on some Spin Doctor fixes.

Thanks for the reply Tsantee. I looked in the User>Library>Audio>Plugins and I have three folders: Components, Digidesign and VST all of which are empty..nothing in any of the folders when I open them.

Is that weird? I am not that familiar with Macs so your input is very much appreciated. I might have trashed the soundsoap when I got Toast 8..I cant really remember but was wondering if any residuals of any program would be causing conflict. It's my Hypothesis that its a conflict issue. I just wish I could find it and get back to recording.

Oh..I just tried the dashboard widget..same thing..the distortion creeps in rendering the file useless.

Thanks a million for trying to help..if you or anyone else has any suggestions...I will be watchiing this thread.

Thanks

Hubba in Seattle

Thanks for the reply Tsantee. I looked in the User>Library>Audio>Plugins and I have three folders: Components, Digidesign and VST all of which are empty..nothing in any of the folders when I open them.

Is that weird? I am not that familiar with Macs so your input is very much appreciated. I might have trashed the soundsoap when I got Toast 8..I cant really remember but was wondering if any residuals of any program would be causing conflict. It's my Hypothesis that its a conflict issue. I just wish I could find it and get back to recording.

Oh..I just tried the dashboard widget..same thing..the distortion creeps in rendering the file useless.

Thanks a million for trying to help..if you or anyone else has any suggestions...I will be watchiing this thread.

Thanks

Hubba in Seattle

Your reply got me looking some more and I found I was mistaken in my previous post. Go instead to the Root>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST folder and you should find the Soundsoap plugin there. Apparently the reason mine was outside the plugins folder in the other library is that it was the out-of-date one so I must have moved it at one time. The version I have in the Root library is 2.1.1.14786 and it doesn't cause any conflict for me.

Archived