Skipping

leighs7@yahoo.com

Question

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately, it's really a matter of trial and error. Now, to start with, if you go into the "Tools" of Roxio EMC 8, and select the Disk & Device Utility, it will tell you what your drive reports that it can write to, but that doesn't say what will be "best". As for your other players, you have to try different discs. Also, different brands of the same type of media may work better than others. Again, if you have problems, you have to try different brands. There is no "formula" to say what type of disc, what brand, will work best, or even well with your equipment.

As much as the companies that sell this stuff want you to believe that it's as easy as using a diskette drive, optical media is simply not as easy.

How come I can preview the video and its smooth and then after I burn it to the DVD and play it on a DVD player connected to a TV, it skips/jumps? How can I prevent this?

How come I can preview the video and its smooth and then after I burn it to the DVD and play it on a DVD player connected to a TV, it skips/jumps? How can I prevent this?

:) <sigh> You haven't answered other questions about the exact steps you're taking to create your DVD, or if you've tried the suggested approach (using Disc Copier to write the disc). Have you tried DVD+R discs? How about any RW discs?

Without knowing what else you've tried, we really can't tell you much more.

From what you're saying, it sounds mostly like there's a problem with the player reading the disc that you're creating well. Again, different types of media may help. Writing the disc from a .ISO files using Disc Copier may help. Try some of these things, then tell us which ones you've tried, and what the results have been. Help us help you.

One more thing, check for firmware updates for your DVD writer. You'll find those on the drive manufacturers web-site. It's entirely possible that an update there may solve all your DVD writing problems.

A little more information might help us here. What are you using to playback your DVD? MY NOTEBOOK AND DVD PLAYER CONNECTED TO MY TV.The same drive you wrote it with? A standalone player? Does it behave the same on different devices? YES IT BEHAVES THE SAME ON DIFFERENT DEVIES.

What type of disc are you using, "-" (dash), "+", R (write once), RW (erasable)? I AM USING DVD-R's. What type of media does your writer support? ITS SUPPORTS MEDIA PLAYER, MUSICMATCH, etc. Does your reader explicitly say that it supports that type of disc (if it's not your writer)? NOT SURE. Some players will like - better than +, some are the other way.

How are you creating your DVD? I AM CREATING MY DVD WITH PHOTOS AND MUSIC USING ROXIO. I AM ONLY USING ROXIO. Building it in VideoWave, then authoring in DVD Builder, then writing directly to disc, or to .ISO file first, then using CD Copier to write to disc?

Okay, let's cover the media types question. There are 4 types of DVD media in common use (I'll ignore DVD-RAM). DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW and DVD-RW. The "+" and "-" are significant and indicate different types of media. If you're DVD Writer supports DVD"+" discs, then you might want to try getting some of those to see if that makes any difference.

As for creating the DVD, all of the applications I mentioned are part of the Roxio Easy Media Creator suite. My question is, exactly what parts of the suite are you using to create your DVD? Tell us what you click on, what you do next, and next... and what you finally click to burn the disc. The list I gave above, using VideoWave, DVD Buillder, writing to .ISO and then using Disc Copier is the often recommended way to create a DVD. All of these programs are part of Roxio Easy Media Creator, so we still need more details.

Let us know!

Okay, let's cover the media types question. There are 4 types of DVD media in common use (I'll ignore DVD-RAM). DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW and DVD-RW. The "+" and "-" are significant and indicate different types of media. If you're DVD Writer supports DVD"+" discs, then you might want to try getting some of those to see if that makes any difference.

As for creating the DVD, all of the applications I mentioned are part of the Roxio Easy Media Creator suite. My question is, exactly what parts of the suite are you using to create your DVD? Tell us what you click on, what you do next, and next... and what you finally click to burn the disc. The list I gave above, using VideoWave, DVD Buillder, writing to .ISO and then using Disc Copier is the often recommended way to create a DVD. All of these programs are part of Roxio Easy Media Creator, so we still need more details.

Let us know!

how do you figure out what kind of DVD's your computer is best compatible with?

how do you figure out what kind of DVD's your computer is best compatible with?

Unfortunately, it's really a matter of trial and error. Now, to start with, if you go into the "Tools" of Roxio EMC 8, and select the Disk & Device Utility, it will tell you what your drive reports that it can write to, but that doesn't say what will be "best". As for your other players, you have to try different discs. Also, different brands of the same type of media may work better than others. Again, if you have problems, you have to try different brands. There is no "formula" to say what type of disc, what brand, will work best, or even well with your equipment.

As much as the companies that sell this stuff want you to believe that it's as easy as using a diskette drive, optical media is simply not as easy.

After the 8 minute mark of my photo DVD that I have created, it skips. I changed brands of blank DVD disks and recopied the audio. Any ideas on how I can fix this so it will not skip??

A little more information might help us here. What are you using to playback your DVD? The same drive you wrote it with? A standalone player? Does it behave the same on different devices?

What type of disc are you using, "-" (dash), "+", R (write once), RW (erasable)? What type of media does your writer support? Does your reader explicitly say that it supports that type of disc (if it's not your writer)? Some players will like - better than +, some are the other way.

How are you creating your DVD? Building it in VideoWave, then authoring in DVD Builder, then writing directly to disc, or to .ISO file first, then using CD Copier to write to disc?

Let us know.

After the 8 minute mark of my photo DVD that I have created, it skips. I changed brands of blank DVD disks and recopied the audio. Any ideas on how I can fix this so it will not skip??

A little more information might help us here. What are you using to playback your DVD? MY NOTEBOOK AND DVD PLAYER CONNECTED TO MY TV.The same drive you wrote it with? A standalone player? Does it behave the same on different devices? YES IT BEHAVES THE SAME ON DIFFERENT DEVIES.

What type of disc are you using, "-" (dash), "+", R (write once), RW (erasable)? I AM USING DVD-R's. What type of media does your writer support? ITS SUPPORTS MEDIA PLAYER, MUSICMATCH, etc. Does your reader explicitly say that it supports that type of disc (if it's not your writer)? NOT SURE. Some players will like - better than +, some are the other way.

How are you creating your DVD? I AM CREATING MY DVD WITH PHOTOS AND MUSIC USING ROXIO. I AM ONLY USING ROXIO. Building it in VideoWave, then authoring in DVD Builder, then writing directly to disc, or to .ISO file first, then using CD Copier to write to disc?

Archived