• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The Current Production Is Empty Or Contains Invalid Files.

Bubbles

Question

I'm sorry if this has been previously answered but I've browsed and I can't find the answer anywhere. I'm so confused.

When I add a photo/video to the timeline (in videowave) a window pops up reading "The current production is empty or contains invalid files." but the photo/video appears on the timeline. When I play the timeline I can hear the audio (if it's a video) but I can't see the video. When I try to add a second video/photo a blank window pops up with only the title, nothing else. I have no idea how to fix this and it is extremely frustrating. I think my computer may be missing something which is needed to make the video play but I don't know for sure. Roxio works on another computer in the house, just not the one that I use.

Please help.

PS: The files I am adding are valid file formats (avi, jpg and png) and I just installed it today.

3 answers to this question

I'm sorry if this has been previously answered but I've browsed and I can't find the answer anywhere. I'm so confused.

When I add a photo/video to the timeline (in videowave) a window pops up reading "The current production is empty or contains invalid files." but the photo/video appears on the timeline. When I play the timeline I can hear the audio (if it's a video) but I can't see the video. When I try to add a second video/photo a blank window pops up with only the title, nothing else. I have no idea how to fix this and it is extremely frustrating. I think my computer may be missing something which is needed to make the video play but I don't know for sure. Roxio works on another computer in the house, just not the one that I use.

Please help.

PS: The files I am adding are valid file formats (avi, jpg and png) and I just installed it today.

I know this question is old, but I recently ran into this same problem and have a work-around.

If I loaded Easy Media Creator Suite and then selected VideoWave, I got the error message "The current production is empty or contains invalid files" when I tried to add a photo.

However if I loaded VideoWave by going to Start Programs > Roxio > Easy Media Creator > VideoWave, I did not get any error message when adding a photo to the production.

I do not know why this happens but I do know that it works every time.

I know this question is old, but I recently ran into this same problem and have a work-around.

If I loaded Easy Media Creator Suite and then selected VideoWave, I got the error message "The current production is empty or contains invalid files" when I tried to add a photo.

However if I loaded VideoWave by going to Start Programs > Roxio > Easy Media Creator > VideoWave, I did not get any error message when adding a photo to the production.

I do not know why this happens but I do know that it works every time.

Thanks for posting what worked for you. Hopefully this will help someone else.

Please help.

Does it occur with every video or photo that you add or only certain ones?

Whar are your system specs especially video card?

Archived