• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning to DL discs

nottenst

Question

If you have dual layer blanks discs, you can get about 1hr 58mins at best quality.
Barely knowing anything about this, I have to ask - does there need to be anything special about your DVD drive to write to a dual layer disc? For example, the TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B drive that came with my new Dell computer. Should I just be able to buy some dual layer discs, put them in and burn a ~2-hour show in best quality with EMC10 the same as I would burn a 1 hour show on a regular single layer disc?

In both cases - with single and dual layer - if you have something slightly over the "best quality" barrier, does the rendering process reduce the quality just the amount needed to fit or does it do it in quantized steps?

Thanks,

Neil

1 answer to this question

Barely knowing anything about this, I have to ask - does there need to be anything special about your DVD drive to write to a dual layer disc? For example, the TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B drive that came with my new Dell computer. Should I just be able to buy some dual layer discs, put them in and burn a ~2-hour show in best quality with EMC10 the same as I would burn a 1 hour show on a regular single layer disc?

In both cases - with single and dual layer - if you have something slightly over the "best quality" barrier, does the rendering process reduce the quality just the amount needed to fit or does it do it in quantized steps?

Thanks,

Neil

Yes buy Verbatim DVD +R disc's. Your TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B is a Dell OEM drive, the Retail 'A' and 'L' dirve are DL and I'm sure yours is also.

Most use V10 Video Copy and Convert to compress/shrink to your media size.

cd

Archived