• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing A Driver

dmp

Question

I am getting this message : a driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. this driver will be diabled. please contact driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of windows. then it tells me to go to the available patch http://www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/xpupdate.jhtml?location=update i go there and it sends me to another page. I am not even really sure what i have or i should say its not matching up with any of my choices.

I think i have sonic digital media LE v7

thanks for any help in advance.

4 answers to this question

Which version of Windows are you running? Does it name the driver??

To find your version of Sonic software, go to the main or home page then click on Help and About This Software. The name and version number should be displayed then.

ok it does say the sonic digitalmedia LE v7 then some other stuff too.

I have xp windows. as for naming the driver what i typed is what the window and message told me. i am not sure what i had downloaded to make this come up but i have never addressed it just kind of hoped it would go away. but it still does this.

ok not sure if i can figure it out or not.

'sonic digitalmedia LE v7' would be an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version that came with either your computer or with a burner. The OEM provider would be the ones to support it.

Lyn

DMP,

Please ignore the rude person who barged in above and doesn't know enough to help you, so is telling you to push off because you have an OEM version of Sonic software.

This board is here for us to try and help you, but you will need to help me too, by giving me enough information to work on.

Since Sonic DigitalMedia LE v7 includes the program DLA 1.4.8.0, I think it's likely that it's the DLA driver which is getting XP upset.

(1) You say it's sending you to that Roxio page, and "it sends me to another page". What other page does it send you to? I need to know any indication you can give which might confirm which driver XP is upset about.

(2) Will you please go to Start > Control Panel >Add/remove programs, and see if there is an entry in the "installed programs list" for Sonic DLA, or anything you can see referring to DLA or 'Drive Letter Access' ?

Come back to me with the answers to those two questions and we'll see what can be done.

Regards,

Brendon

Which version of Windows are you running? Does it name the driver??

To find your version of Sonic software, go to the main or home page then click on Help and About This Software. The name and version number should be displayed then.

Archived