• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 10 Won't Start

Quaxo

Question

This is really starting to bug me.

I purchased a new PC (i.e. clean install) with Windows Vista 10 days ago. My old version of EMC (7) was not compatible, so I purchased a copy of EMC 10 and installed it. So far so good. Things appeared to be working fine. Then one day (about 3 days after I installed it) it simply stopped working. When I tried to open a Roxio program... nada. Hmm, I said. Perhaps something else I installed caused a conflict. I'll uninstall and reinstall.

Does anyone know why EMC will install from a single setup, but you need to uninstall all the components individually? But I digress.

So, I uninstalled everything (took forever) and reinstalled. Things seemed OK, except when I went to run the LP Record tool (whatever it's called) I got a bunch of messages saying that assorted png files were missing. After that, I got the same set of messages (which I needed to manually cancel all the dialog boxes for) every time I tried to change a track description. I discovered that the SAME thing happened when I tried to use the Sound Editor application. Frustrated, I sent in a help request (yesterday).

About an hour after I sent in the help request... Roxio stopped reponding again! So again I wnet throught the uninstall and reinstall process, but this time it didn't work. I cannot get any of the Roxio applications to start.

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

This is really starting to bug me.

I purchased a new PC (i.e. clean install) with Windows Vista 10 days ago. My old version of EMC (7) was not compatible, so I purchased a copy of EMC 10 and installed it. So far so good. Things appeared to be working fine. Then one day (about 3 days after I installed it) it simply stopped working. When I tried to open a Roxio program... nada. Hmm, I said. Perhaps something else I installed caused a conflict. I'll uninstall and reinstall.

Does anyone know why EMC will install from a single setup, but you need to uninstall all the components individually? But I digress.

So, I uninstalled everything (took forever) and reinstalled. Things seemed OK, except when I went to run the LP Record tool (whatever it's called) I got a bunch of messages saying that assorted png files were missing. After that, I got the same set of messages (which I needed to manually cancel all the dialog boxes for) every time I tried to change a track description. I discovered that the SAME thing happened when I tried to use the Sound Editor application. Frustrated, I sent in a help request (yesterday).

About an hour after I sent in the help request... Roxio stopped reponding again! So again I wnet throught the uninstall and reinstall process, but this time it didn't work. I cannot get any of the Roxio applications to start.

Any ideas?

Try this http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000127CR don't skip any of the steps.

Quaxo,

please tell me, do you run any sort of registry cleaner?

I ask because there is an issue, well publicised on the forums, with a validation key used by Roxio which is removed by most enthusiastic registry cleaners.

If the key is broken then EMC 10 is immediately disabled, and a reinstall is needed to repair this key.

Could this be the cause of your problem?

Regards,

Brendon

Archived