• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Authoring Problem

orahovats

Question

12 answers to this question

When I try to burn a DVD on MBP using TOAST 9 it gives me a " error 50" and I basically can not do anything. I can burn dvd's fine with iDVD though. Help is appreciated

When does that error appear? I think I've had it show up, too, and when I click okay everything proceeds as if it never happened. I think it has something to do with my OS installation but so far it hasn't caused any problem other than the need to click the error message window to get rid of it.

When does that error appear? I think I've had it show up, too, and when I click okay everything proceeds as if it never happened. I think it has something to do with my OS installation but so far it hasn't caused any problem other than the need to click the error message window to get rid of it.

I can not get passed the error message. It does not give me an "ok" option

Thanks

I can not get passed the error message. It does not give me an "ok" option

Thanks

Try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. I just tested a burn with my MBP and didn't get the -50 error but this is after I trashed those files and relaunched.

Dear fellow forum members,

I'm stuck too with the same error. I have removed the plist files without succes. I have a brand new imac 24" and use Philips DVD +RW media. I managed to do a few DVD's but then suddenly it throws this error ar me on every burn attempt. A refund will not fix my problem, I need Toast to burn those wmv's. Does anyone know what the error -50 actualy means?

Considered to update firmware on my drive but given the risk of destroying the drive I see that as a last resort option. Did any of you patch the firm ware with succes, actualty addressing the error?

T

Try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. I just tested a burn with my MBP and didn't get the -50 error but this is after I trashed those files and relaunched.

Thanks for the help

1. When I press the OK button I just go back to the prev screen. so no progress there

2.Since I am new where exactly do I find the plist and prefs files

Thanks

Thanks for the help

1. When I press the OK button I just go back to the prev screen. so no progress there

2.Since I am new where exactly do I find the plist and prefs files

Thanks

The files are in your User>Library>Preferences folder. One is called Roxio Toast Prefs and the other is called com.roxio.Toast.plist

Dear fellow forum members,

I'm stuck too with the same error. I have removed the plist files without succes. I have a brand new imac 24" and use Philips DVD +RW media. I managed to do a few DVD's but then suddenly it throws this error ar me on every burn attempt. A refund will not fix my problem, I need Toast to burn those wmv's. Does anyone know what the error -50 actualy means?

Considered to update firmware on my drive but given the risk of destroying the drive I see that as a last resort option. Did any of you patch the firm ware with succes, actualty addressing the error?

T

I still don't know at what point the -50 error message is appearing. Does it happen immediately after clicking the burn button or the Disc Image button?

I get the same error code. I can only burn successfully about 2 min worth of AVCHD video. Anything longer results in error -50. I think there are major bugs with this software.

All Problems are resolved with 9.02. Yes you can Burn AVCHD DVD and play them on a PS3. I finally can watch years of video in High Def without having to export everything to my HD camera. You are the best Roxio!

I get the same error code. I can only burn successfully about 2 min worth of AVCHD video. Anything longer results in error -50. I think there are major bugs with this software.

Are you saying that Toast finishes encoding longer videos but after two minutes of burning the -50 error appears? Thanks for pointing out that your source is AVCHD. I wonder if it is that is the case with the others having this problem.

So for everyone having this issue, please explain what kind of source video you are using and at what point in the process does the -50 error appear.

I was a little vague. I have video clips from a Canon HG-10. I bring them in with FCE 4. They become Apple Int Codec. If I only try to make a few short clips about 2 min worth everything works. I can play the Blu-Ray AVCHD disc in my PS3. I do have to hunt through directories on the PS3 to play the disc but it does work. If I try to make a longer disc of 20 min or so I get errors ranging from error code -50 to problems with source code files. Yet I can take each of those files and it works if I make a disc with just a few clips at a time.

All problems are resolved with 9.02 Thank you very much!

I still don't know at what point the -50 error message is appearing. Does it happen immediately after clicking the burn button or the Disc Image button?

The error apears consistently; for mp4 or wmv sources even if I'm targeting an image! For the wmv's Toast will bail out to code the video using WMV Player, after minutes of coding and I figure just before it should start to write to either media this error will stop the process. The video's are long +/- 4.4GB ish. I think I will do some apple care phoning to understand the error code. Could this be a compatibility issue with Toast 9 on Leopard?

Archived