More On Grace Period

TonyK2

Question

John at Roxio

View Member Profile

I have confirmed there is a Grace Period Upgrade offer available. The folks at (866) 280 7694 (Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays) now have the information you would need.

John, I don't know how you confirmed this but Matt from Roxio has stated, "I have unconfirmed it."

I had to start this topic since it was closed yesterday. According to Matt at Roxio, the information above is incorrect. In fact the number above puts you in an infinite loop that either you end up going to this web site or contacting who you purchased the original Toast from. Amazon has stated to contact Roxio so again on an infinite loop. According to Matt the number above will not help you but to go to support.sonic.com and talk to them.

John, try your number and you will see you will be in an infinite loop unless you pick "technical support."

If you have a specific sequence of push buttons and perhaps a specific person or department you talked to that would help.

TK

2 answers to this question

John at Roxio

View Member Profile

I have confirmed there is a Grace Period Upgrade offer available. The folks at (866) 280 7694 (Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays) now have the information you would need.

John, I don't know how you confirmed this but Matt from Roxio has stated, "I have unconfirmed it."

I had to start this topic since it was closed yesterday. According to Matt at Roxio, the information above is incorrect. In fact the number above puts you in an infinite loop that either you end up going to this web site or contacting who you purchased the original Toast from. Amazon has stated to contact Roxio so again on an infinite loop. According to Matt the number above will not help you but to go to support.sonic.com and talk to them.

John, try your number and you will see you will be in an infinite loop unless you pick "technical support."

If you have a specific sequence of push buttons and perhaps a specific person or department you talked to that would help.

I called the support line and was told that there is no grace period upgrade program. Unfortunately the box I purchased at the apple store had already been opened and return period passed when I realized that Toast 9 came out a couple of days after I bought 8, I was SOL. Toast burns CDs and DVDs well, however Toast 6 did as well, and the extras in 8 that made it interesting just don't work well (Tivo audio sync for instance). I'd purchased Popcorn for format conversion and that app is a disaster. Maybe the problems are fixed in 9? I'll never know.

I've been a Roxio customer for years and, while I can endure buggy software, unless they can satisfactorily address the grace period upgrade issue they've lost me as a customer for good. There are a few good Mac alternatives (Visual Hub for instance) that have responsive reps behind them.

Tim

I called the support line and was told that there is no grace period upgrade program. Unfortunately the box I purchased at the apple store had already been opened and return period passed when I realized that Toast 9 came out a couple of days after I bought 8, I was SOL. Toast burns CDs and DVDs well, however Toast 6 did as well, and the extras in 8 that made it interesting just don't work well (Tivo audio sync for instance). I'd purchased Popcorn for format conversion and that app is a disaster. Maybe the problems are fixed in 9? I'll never know.

I've been a Roxio customer for years and, while I can endure buggy software, unless they can satisfactorily address the grace period upgrade issue they've lost me as a customer for good. There are a few good Mac alternatives (Visual Hub for instance) that have responsive reps behind them.

Tim

There is a grace period upgrade in place for people who purchased Toast 8 within 30 days of Toast 9's release in early March.

Send me your contact info, T8 purchase date and any other details: toastfeedback@roxio.com

Archived