• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Install Problem With Hd/bd Plugin

hbb

Question

Have just done an online purchase and download of both the Toast 9 and Toast 9 HD/BD plugin software. Toast 9 installed just fine. The HD/BD installer unzipped OK, but gave an error message when the Toast 9 Titanium HD;BD Plug-in installer.app was run. "Cannot open application because it may be damaged or incomplete". A second full download of the software gave the same result. Computer is a G4, OS X 10.4.11, Superdrive (not BD). Toast 8 is also installed on the computer.

I checked the user manual and forums and didn't see any special installation instructions or similar problems. What would be my next step?

5 answers to this question

Have just done an online purchase and download of both the Toast 9 and Toast 9 HD/BD plugin software. Toast 9 installed just fine. The HD/BD installer unzipped OK, but gave an error message when the Toast 9 Titanium HD;BD Plug-in installer.app was run. "Cannot open application because it may be damaged or incomplete". A second full download of the software gave the same result. Computer is a G4, OS X 10.4.11, Superdrive (not BD). Toast 8 is also installed on the computer.

I checked the user manual and forums and didn't see any special installation instructions or similar problems. What would be my next step?

I have exactly the same problem!!

What gives? Downloaded 3/24/2008

Which browser are you using?

Safari 3.1 has soime nasty issues and this if installed maybe one of them.

I used Firefox 2.0.0.12 for the original download and all worked fine. Todays download I used camino and all is still fine.

Also some download managers eg: speeddownload & igetter if used can sometimes also cause small issues with downloaded files.

I hope this helps.

Which browser are you using?

Safari 3.1 has soime nasty issues and this if installed maybe one of them.

I used Firefox 2.0.0.12 for the original download and all worked fine. Todays download I used camino and all is still fine.

Also some download managers eg: speeddownload & igetter if used can sometimes also cause small issues with downloaded files.

I hope this helps.

firefox 2.0.0.12

I am in the united states and purchased from digitalriver

v

firefox 2.0.0.12

I am in the united states and purchased from digitalriver

v

success!!

downloaded with safari and worked like a charm! go figure.

also my foxfire download folder is on an external firewire HDD. not sure that should make a difference, but you never know!

V

My downloads had also been with FireFox 2.0.0.1. I tried again with Safari 3.1 and can also claim success.

I can't explain it either, if there was corruption of the file during the download then I'd think the resulting zip would not decompress. But I got a good .app for the HD/BD each time. I was even able to do a view of the package contents. The only thing I noticed was that the .app that came from the FF download had a name with HD;BD in it and the Safari .app result had HD/BD. Best guess I can make is that there was a defective download posted that must have been repaired in the past few hours.

Except for this stumble, Toast 9 and the plugin has been a quick, easy, and uneventful installation. Now to see if the software works as good as it installed...

success!!

downloaded with safari and worked like a charm! go figure.

also my foxfire download folder is on an external firewire HDD. not sure that should make a difference, but you never know!

V

Archived