• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

On The Fence

Bill R.

Question

Started my video career with Sonic MYDVD version 6 which has and still works great. About a year ago, I bought Roxio MyDVD Studio 9 Premier, but I had lots of problems with the DVD's playing on various machines. I uninstalled that program and went back to the old Sonic version.

Now I'm seeing DvdIt HD Pro and I'm thinking of buying and trying, and I'm looking for some candid opinions. I don't have a BluRay player yet, but I would like to use the software for conventional DVD's.

Just looking for some advice before I plunk down the cash!

Thanks folks!

5 answers to this question

Started my video career with Sonic MYDVD version 6 which has and still works great. About a year ago, I bought Roxio MyDVD Studio 9 Premier, but I had lots of problems with the DVD's playing on various machines. I uninstalled that program and went back to the old Sonic version.

Now I'm seeing DvdIt HD Pro and I'm thinking of buying and trying, and I'm looking for some candid opinions. I don't have a BluRay player yet, but I would like to use the software for conventional DVD's.

Just looking for some advice before I plunk down the cash!

Thanks folks!

I would wait till you actually need Bluray authoring as more and more apps will probably start supporting Bluray in the future. By then the prices may have dropped and thus a better deal. If you decide on Dvdit HD, I would recommend looking at previous threads to see possible problems you may encounter and ways to fix or get around the issue. Once you find a good workflow with Dvdit HD it goes pretty smoothly but there will be an occasional hiccup. :)

I too started my DVD authoring career with MyDVD6 and have found it hard to beat.

However, DVDit Pro will give you many more authoring options, has greater flexibility with navigation, buttons, thumbs, menus, layouts etc. Importantly, it is very easy to learn and much more stable than most similar software.

Please bear in mind this is an authoring program, you will still need to use an editor (unless your videos are perfect and you just want to present them on a DVD "as is") . I have used many editing packages, but happily settled on Power Director 6 as took little time to learn, is rock solid stable and has lots of nice, usable features.

I suggest if you download the DVDit Pro user manual and browse through it, you will get a much better idea of what the software can do. Good luck!

Regards

Do a search in this forum -- there's a "Wishlist" thread that would give you an idea of some of the features that are not included in the current version of DVDit Pro HD. If you don't need those wishlist items, this could be a good match for you...

Regards,

George

Archived