No Sound When Captured Video Files Are Played Back

JR-Texas

Question

I'm using Media Import, from the EMC 9 suite provided on an HP Vista system. I'm also using the USB 2860 device (Kworld DVD Maker 2.0) as the interface to a VCR. The capture process seems to work well and creates the video file on my hard drive but,when I try the playback using Vista's video player, there's no audio at all. The audio is fine during the capture but disappears in the playback of the mpg files. My sound card is Realtek High Definition and the driver is current.

I'm at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

I'm using Media Import, from the EMC 9 suite provided on an HP Vista system. I'm also using the USB 2860 device (Kworld DVD Maker 2.0) as the interface to a VCR. The capture process seems to work well and creates the video file on my hard drive but,when I try the playback using Vista's video player, there's no audio at all. The audio is fine during the capture but disappears in the playback of the mpg files. My sound card is Realtek High Definition and the driver is current.

I'm at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

I seem to remember that Vista needs to have some hardware turned on to get the audio. Have you tried using CinePlayer to play that file?

Also, add the video to Video Wave and click the show hide track button. Make sure that the native audio track is showing. Is there are line about half way up on that track? Also click on the icon that looks like a right angle and see if you can see an audio waveform. I it is there and you still can't hear it, post back.

The wav form should look like this (ignore any text).

post-58-1206979773.jpg

Archived