• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photo Slide Show Software Recommendation Wanted.

jeanzur

Question

Hi All,

I am looking for a software package that will make photo slideshows and think EMC 10 will work for me but want to make sure before I buy.

I will be pulling in 100 - 400 photos and adding music to the background. I have the Sonic My DVD now that came with my PC (2 years old) but have problems that the playback pauses at approximately every 8 min 40 seconds, the counter resets to zero, and then playback continues. I want to avoid this problem and hope that by buying a full version (instead of what came bundled with my PC) that I will avoid this.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of pictures that can be pulled into a slideshow and whether or not the playback pausing problem is common to the EMC 10 ??

Any other recommendations/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2 answers to this question

Hi All,

I am looking for a software package that will make photo slideshows and think EMC 10 will work for me but want to make sure before I buy.

I will be pulling in 100 - 400 photos and adding music to the background. I have the Sonic My DVD now that came with my PC (2 years old) but have problems that the playback pauses at approximately every 8 min 40 seconds, the counter resets to zero, and then playback continues. I want to avoid this problem and hope that by buying a full version (instead of what came bundled with my PC) that I will avoid this.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of pictures that can be pulled into a slideshow and whether or not the playback pausing problem is common to the EMC 10 ??

Any other recommendations/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I have produced several slideshows with EMC 10 (as well as EMC 7.5) and have never seen your problem, in fact I have never heard of it. I doubt very much that it is a inherent problem with Sonic myDVD but maybe a "limitation" of the crippled version you have or how you created your slideshow. There is no "real" limit to the number of pictures you can add to a slideshow if you use EMC's Videowave. If you use the "slideshow Assistant" I believe there are some restrictions.

Archived