What Product To Burn Computer Video Files For Home Tv Use?

homeboy

Question

I have Record Now 7 that I use to burn CDs. Works fine. Now I want to burn video files to DVD that I have only watched on the computer to this point. The files I have on computer have the following extentions: MP4, WMV, AVI, MPG, MOV, RM, 3G2. I am running Win XP Pro on a high end Dell. I want to put the finished DVD into a standard Sony DVD player attached to a home TV set (actually a Sony LCD). I don't need any fancy video features, but I would like to be able to directly select a particular file from a menu displayed at the opening of the DVD. Roxio makes so many products I am confused as to which one I need. Is Easy Media 10 what I need?

1 answer to this question

EMC 10 Suite has all the applications that you need to create the DVD per your spec.

The following are formats supported in Roxio Easy Media Creator 10. Here is the link to the KB article.

Input formats:

• Video: AVI, DV, HD-V, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MPEG2-HD, IFO/VOB, DivX, DivX HD, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, H.264, OpenDVD

• Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)

• Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

Output formats:

• Video: AVI, DV-AVI, HD-V, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MPEG2-HD, DivX, DivX HD, WMV, WMV HD, H.264, MP4, 3GP

• Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, M4A, AAC, Playlists (M3U, PLS, XSPF, WPL, HighMAT, MPV)

• Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

• Video disc formats: DVD, Video CD (VCD), Super Video CD (SVCD), Mini DVD

Archived