Usb Driver & Digital Camera

pat1202

Hi from sunny Geneva !

Dear all, I am lost with my digital camera since I have a new computer with Vista. My camera Sony DCR-PC9E can not be recognised by the PC. I have installed the USB Driver SPVD-004 received with my camera but it is not compatible with Vista. On the CD the following website is mentionned : www.mgisoft.com. Nothing there. What can I do ??? Any advice ? I just refuse to buy a new camera because i have a new OS.....

:angry2:

Thanks for your help. I really don't know what to do.....

P.

I see why you posted here.

www.mgisoft.com redirects you to the home page at Roxio.com.

I think MGISoft were the original vendors of Videowave and Photosuite, and have now been thoroughly absorbed by Sonic. The guru who regularly recites the Roxio genealogy will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry, but since MGISoft no longer exists I think you will need to go back to the camera manufacturer [sony] and request a Vista driver for their camera. :(

I wish you luck, and I will be very happy if someone else here can suggest a better solution.

Regards,

Brendon

What kind of camera is it? Still or video? How old is it? I tried searching Sony's tech support and didn't find that model.

---

Ok, after some Googling, that model is a digital video camcorder manufactured around 2002. Why are you using USB? It should have iLink (firewire) and you should be using that to transfer your video. Firewire should work fine with Vista.

I see why you posted here.

www.mgisoft.com redirects you to the home page at Roxio.com.

I think MGISoft were the original vendors of Videowave and Photosuite, and have now been thoroughly absorbed by Sonic. The guru who regularly recites the Roxio genealogy will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Brendon

Heh heh! No corrections needed as I recall. I've not used Photosuite much, but as I recall, yes, both were originally from MGIsoft. Actually, I had an old version of VideoWave that came with my "Buz" video capture device many moons ago, and that still said MGIsoft on it.

Archived