• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

KBS

Money Back? Now Closed

Question

What is Roxio scared of--the truth?

Clean install seems to be all the talking heads on this forum and the Roxio techs know. I did the clean install three times before finally got it to burn one DVD production. It's now back to doing the same thing after the first two installs--Videowave 10 is not responding. I will not do another install. It's to time consuming and it still may not work. It's a Roxio problem they should fix, not their customers.

As far as whining there is none from me. I am merely pointing out the facts. I know now that I bought a very bogus product. With all the negative comments being made about their products on this forum maybe they need to wake up and smell the roses.

A Rant that smells like a Rant is a Rant by anyother name. Not to worry, you present no fear whatsoever…

Problem is the OP never came back and the post was starting to attract too many useless responses.

Your post was moved because you placed your Rant in the wrong forum.

There is clearly something wrong with you OS that is causing the trouble, but you are not willing to face that reality!

Roxio ships on Dell's, HP's & Compaqs. That is well over a million a month and that doesn't even count worldwide Retail sales. If the product was as faulty as you claim, they would have noticed by now…

<sniff> Do you have Norton OBC [One Button Checkup] set to autorun? :blink:

It kinda smells like it.

Lynn

No on Norton

A Rant that smells like a Rant is a Rant by anyother name. Not to worry, you present no fear whatsoever…

Problem is the OP never came back and the post was starting to attract too many useless responses.

Your post was moved because you placed your Rant in the wrong forum.

There is clearly something wrong with you OS that is causing the trouble, but you are not willing to face that reality!

Roxio ships on Dell's, HP's & Compaqs. That is well over a million a month and that doesn't even count worldwide Retail sales. If the product was as faulty as you claim, they would have noticed by now…

I had a Sonic bundled program on one of my computers and it did work fine. Most bundled software does. Sorry, this software does not!

It seems the truth cannot be handled here, and it is just easy to call it a rant. Who in their right mine would keep installing and uninstalling software to get it to work, temporarily!

Just Google Easy Media Creator 10 problems and see what you get!

No on Norton

I had a Sonic bundled program on one of my computers and it did work fine. Most bundled software does. Sorry, this software does not!

It seems the truth cannot be handled here, and it is just easy to call it a rant. Who in their right mine would keep installing and uninstalling software to get it to work, temporarily!

Just Google Easy Media Creator 10 problems and see what you get!

You have a problem with your OS - it seems you cannot handle the truth!

It is your 'opinion' that the software doesn't work… We all have it up and running and there was a review of it recently on one of the PC sites that thought pretty well of it…

It would appear that your 'opinion' is in a very, very small minority.

I am not saying that you are not having trouble, but if you would leave your chip at the door, we would be more than willing to try to help you. For example;

What Lynn was asking is not actually specific to Norton – we just noticed it there first.

When you have EMC 9 or 10 installed at just quits or the apps only flash, it is often the result of an overzealous Registry Cleaner. They delete a critical Roxio Key in the Registry and poof, it won't run.

On the other hand, there has been a case or 3 where a full format followed by a new install of the OS then Roxio was the only thing that cleared it up… This is a very complex program and it is hard to pin down everything that interferes with it.

No on Norton

KBS please tell me, do you run any sort of registry cleaner?

I ask because there is an issue, well publicised on the forums, with a validation key used by Roxio which is removed by most enthusiastic registry cleaners.

If the key is broken then EMC 10 is immediately disabled, and a reinstall is needed to repair this key.

Could this be the cause of your problem?

Regards,

Brendon

KBS please tell me, do you run any sort of registry cleaner?

When I bought the laptop at BestBuy they installed a virus program. Don't even remember the name of it. Must be an age thing! I will check when I get home this evening. It and a spy sweeper program runs automatic and every thing else I've installed, including AutoCad type programs run fine. No problems at all. I do have the new laptop and an older Gateway laptop hooked up to a home network. The Gateway and the desktop are running XP. I also installed EMC 10 on the desk top and it screwed up an older bundled version of Sonic. I did that recently to try to complete my DVD.

Last night I did another clean install on this POS Roxio software. That will be the last time. I did not have time to try it out.

When I bought the laptop at BestBuy they installed a virus program. Don't even remember the name of it. Must be an age thing! I will check when I get home this evening. It and a spy sweeper program runs automatic and every thing else I've installed, including AutoCad type programs run fine. No problems at all. I do have the new laptop and an older Gateway laptop hooked up to a home network. The Gateway and the desktop are running XP. I also installed EMC 10 on the desk top and it screwed up an older bundled version of Sonic. I did that recently to try to complete my DVD.

Last night I did another clean install on this POS Roxio software. That will be the last time. I did not have time to try it out.

Your Spy Sweeper is fine. I run it, too. As well as AutoCad. Are you an engineer or architect?

I would bet that there is a registry sweeper in your Virus program, and it is killing EMC 10. Post back with what you have.

Your Spy Sweeper is fine. I run it, too. As well as AutoCad. Are you an engineer or architect?

I would bet that there is a registry sweeper in your Virus program, and it is killing EMC 10. Post back with what you have.

Will post it later this evening as I will be heading out of town tomorrow. I am a partner in a metal fab manufacturing plant. We are still fighting for survival against the Communist China take over of manufacturing in the good old U S of A.. We toyed with our first computer in the early 80s to replace a flex-writer CNC program generator for a punch/plasma machine. Building a "black box" to communicate to the machine was easier than this software is! Our plant is almost fully CNC now and all our estimating, purchasing, time keeping, accounting, and programming is done on software we've purchased over the years.

As far as the latest problem with EMC 10, it locks up when a DVD burn is attempted.

I get this message "VideoWave 10 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The Roxio techies have no clue.

This was their latest:

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# 535961)

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

Please disable Windows Media Acceleration with in windows media player and Nvidia control panel.

Open Windows Media player press crtl + M on your keyboard then choose tools options. Click on the performance tab then uncheck the box that states Turn on Directx Video Acceleration. Click apply then ok.

Open th Ntune control panel from the windows control panel, under the 'Adjust image settings with Preview', change the setting to 'Let the 3D Application Decide' and Ok or Apply it.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

Will post it later this evening as I will be heading out of town tomorrow. I am a partner in a metal fab manufacturing plant. We are still fighting for survival against the Communist China take over of manufacturing in the good old U S of A.. We toyed with our first computer in the early 80s to replace a flex-writer CNC program generator for a punch/plasma machine. Building a "black box" to communicate to the machine was easier than this software is! Our plant is almost fully CNC now and all our estimating, purchasing, time keeping, accounting, and programming is done on software we've purchased over the years.

As far as the latest problem with EMC 10, it locks up when a DVD burn is attempted.

I get this message "VideoWave 10 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The Roxio techies have no clue.

See if there is an update for the video chip in your laptop. Laptops are notorious for skimping on the video end of things, unless you hunt for a laptop that does have a good video chip. I got an HP laptop, for my wife, for Christmas, and it has a good chip in it, and it runs EMC 10, without problems.

My HP laptop has Trend Anti Virus installed. The clean install I did last night did not change anything!

The HP is up to date on everything.

My HP laptop has Trend Anti Virus installed. The clean install I did last night did not change anything!

The HP is up to date on everything.

Can you set the Trend to ignore Roxio entries?

Can you set the Trend to ignore Roxio entries?

Could not find find any options allowing me to do this.

This is what I've been receiving from Roxio. They now have a file they want me to down load. We will try it this evening:

ncaslin

3/31/2008 Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

Please download and install the program from the following link:

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

WebTicket

3/30/2008 No such files exists on the 3 installation disks. I also did a search on all Roxio file on my computer and all 3 disks. Perhaps you need to send me these files?

ncaslin

3/30/2008 Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

1. Insert the Easy Media Creator 10 installation disc. If the installation begin automatically, click Cancel to close it.

Note: If your Easy Media Creator 10 was a download, make sure the installation file has been extracted to your hard drive (preferably to the desktop so you can find it easily).

2. Go to My Computer. Right click on your drive with the installation disc and select Explore.

Note: If installation is from a download, right click on the installation folder and select Explore.

3. Locate DX9_REDISTS\DirectX9\ folder.

4. Double click on DXSETUP.EXE and follow the on-screen instructions to install.

5. When installation is completed, restart your computer.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

Just for info purposes I'm running Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 (upgraded from 2007) and have no problems with EMC 10

awoo87, thanks for the info!

grandpabruce, this is the latest: The file sent did not work. The following is their response for fixing problem. (this does seem never ending!)

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# 535961)

Error Message:

The service cannot accept control messages at this time.

Explanation:

There is a temporary mismatch between the requested control and the state of the service to be controlled. The service may be in a state of start-pending, stop-pending, or stopped.

User Action:

Wait a few minutes, then retry your operation. If still receiving the message, restart your PC.

Still getting the same message?

Please try creating a new user account and test the program under that new account.

If it works under this new account then we can narrow down what the problem might be.

The exact steps for creating a new user account in Vista are outlined below:

Click Start and click Control Panel.

Click User Accounts and Family Safety.

Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.

Click Create a new account.

Type in the account name. Select the account type: Administrator.

Click Create Account.

Select the account you just created. Click Create a password.

Type in a password for the user account and an option password hint.

Click Create password.

You will now be able to log on to the computer using the account name and password you specified

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

Well, d*mn. I still think it may be the video chip. What video chip is in that laptop? Go to Device Manager to find out what it is.

Also, have you disabled any unnecessary items running at startup? If so, disable the Roxio ones, via msconfig.

Edited by grandpabruce

Well, d*mn. I still think it may be the video chip. What video chip is in that laptop? Go to Device Manager to find out what it is.

Also, have you disabled any unnecessary items running at startup? If so, disable the Roxio ones, via msconfig.

This is part of what I sent to the techs at Roxio a while back. Hopefully is has all the info necessary to track problem:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC

BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Memory: 1982MB RAM

Page File: 1218MB used, 2967MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0531&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2

Display Memory: 793 MB

Dedicated Memory: 57 MB

Shared Memory: 735 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll

Driver Version: 7.15.0011.6743 (English)

DDI Version: 9Ex

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/7/2007 08:05:00, 5263360 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4671-11CF-DB69-C41002C2CA35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0531

SubSys ID: 0x30CF103C

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Name: High Definition Audio Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_055C&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&38

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 6.00.6000.16386 (English), 8/4/2007 21:07:24, 53760 bytes

Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0550&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&48

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 6.00.6000.16632 (English), 2/14/2008 03:05:55, 15928 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 6.00.6000.16632 (English), 2/14/2008 03:05:55, 45112 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 6.00.6000.16632 (English), 2/14/2008 03:05:55, 21560 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ataport.sys, 6.00.6000.16632 (English), 2/14/2008 03:05:54, 109624 bytes

Name: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_054C&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&50

Driver: n/a

Name: PCI standard ISA bridge

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0548&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&08

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\msisadrv.sys, 6.00.6000.16399 (English), 8/4/2007 21:06:54, 13928 bytes

Name: PCI standard RAM Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0547&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&00

Name: NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&0B

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvsmu.sys, 5.00.0000.0000 (English), 2/16/2007 17:50:32, 12032 bytes

Name: NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0542&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&09

Name: PCI standard RAM Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0541&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&0A

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0531&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&90

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, 7.15.0011.6743 (English), 11/7/2007 08:05:00, 8231584 bytes

Your video chip should be okay with the 735 MB of shared memory and the 2GB of RAM that the computer has. My wife's new HP laptop has the identical processor as yours, and she has the GeForce Go 7150 with 559 MB of shared memory, and hers runs EMC 10. It has Vista Premium, and I hate it, but it works for her.

When you boot up, what icons are in the tray? They represent running programs/processes. Move your cursor over them, and write down what they are. Something has to be conflicting with the Roxio software, or you wouldn't be crashing in VideoWave.

Try disabling the Trend antivirus, just to see if VideoWave will work.

Also, have you defragged your hard drive?

You stated earlier that you crashed when you tried to burn a DVD in VideoWave. Do you mean that you clicked on the Burn icon, and MyDVD Express didn't pop up?

This is part of what I sent to the techs at Roxio a while back. Hopefully is has all the info necessary to track problem:

I know that you don't want to hear this :unsure: but that is pretty close to my laptop where I have have no problems with EMC 10 Deluxe.

I'll go back and read your previous posts to see if I can pick up anything different.

I do not use Trend but do have CCCleaner in case I want to do a Registry Clean-up. It doesn't seem to touch the Roxio registry key.

You might also want to try using Revo Uninstaller to see if that will get rid of some of the old Roxio files that may still be giving you problems (or that you may have missed during the clean install.) It is not very aggressive and does leave some folders behind if you do not use the most stringent option.

I was able to install the file sent by Roxio, which was actually a complete program. After rebooting I went into MYDVD and attempted to burn my combination slideshow and video presentation and the very same thing happened with the same message: "VideoWave 10 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

As before, everything works fine until I attempt a burn, or even to create the file, when the encoding process screen comes on everything quits.

When I first installed the program last year it took approximately 3 hours to do so. I made my first production in MYDVD also as slideshows and video. It would hang up about midway of the encoding process and would just stop and do nothing! That's when I contacted service and did the first "clean install". They sent me the wrong instructions for Vista and I found the correct "clean install", followed it to the T and burned my family DVD and made copies for my 3 daughters for Christmas. I started this present production before leaving on a New Year cruise. When we returned I made a couple short productions for YouTube and posted them for some of our fellow cruisers. I then added our cruise video and photos to the production I started before we left and then this new problem popped up.

To Bruce: The drives are defragged on a regular schedule, however I went ahead and started one this morning. It was still running when I left. Last night I disabled all unnecessary startup items, including Trend, and tried that. No luck.

Sunday was a raining dull gray day around here so I recreated my production on the HP desktop I use as the server. It's running Windows XP. The very same thing happens on that machine!

Steve: I appreciate you looking!

Well, I wish I was looking over your shoulder. There may be something easy, that has been missed. :(

Try doing a slideshow of 10-12 photos, in VideoWave. Save to a temp folder on your hard drive, and close VideoWave. Open MyDVD, click on Add New Movie, browse to the VideoWave file you just saved. It will be a .dmsm file. Bring that file into MyDVD, and don't bother doing any menus, etc. Click on Burn, and burn to an image file, just to see if it encodes.

Edited by grandpabruce