• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Classic Version 6

Toon

Easy CD & DVD Buring verion 6. I have never been able to burn a data cd because Creator Classic open with an API error and tells me to reinstall. I have reinstalled, removed completely and reinstalled, I have downloaded 2 different updates to this program and neither have changed the symptoms nor the problem. Any ideas to resolve this would be appreciated. Thanks you . Jerry

Where did you get this V6?

How long have you had it?

What updates?

Did you try this fix? Here

No charge for you providing details… :D

Hi Jim, thanks for your suggestions and help.

In response to yours here is the status. In your response you showed that this version only ran on Windows 98 & Windows ME, but the book that I have include 2000 and XP. I have XP installed and it is current.

The part number of the booklet that came with my version is 532210-02.

Further, you referenced the version as being "Platinum Suites" and my documentation only references it as "Easy CD & DVD Burning" I don't know if I have a different version or if mine is just not named properly.

I purchased it at CompUsa about 2 years ago.

I have applied the following updates:

1: engineupdater.exe

2: drgdscupdater.exe

Furthermore I also tried installing "Creator_v6.2.0.111.exe"

I tried your suggested manual registering of the 4 DLL's that you referenced this didn't seem to make a difference. I still get the dreaded "Cannot Initialize API" problem.

I verified that both my dvd's are not plugged into a third part controller card.

My drives are both current on firmware. They are:

1. ATAPI DVD+RW 4X4X12

2. TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5112

I tried disabling both drives through the Device Manager and trying Creator Classic but I still get the error.

Thanks again for your assistance

You didn't read the link all the way through!

You have the cut down Red Box version, probably paid about $30 for it as opposed to $80-90 for the full version??? (this doesn't have any bearing on burning – both versions are meant to burn!)

Of course your Toshiba drive is a ROM and will never be able to burn anything…

But if you disable a drive, it is indeed disabled!

ATAPI is not a drive but stands for AT Attachment Packet Interface. So everything you have provided indicates you don't have a burner…

However if you cannot get the past the "Cannot initialize API error" it really doesn't matter.

Sorry I cannot give you an easy fix but I am running on memory as this program ceased production about 3 1/2 years ago.

<snip>

Further, you referenced the version as being "Platinum Suites" and my documentation only references it as "Easy CD & DVD Burning" I don't know if I have a different version or if mine is just not named properly.

I purchased it at CompUsa about 2 years ago.

I have applied the following updates:

1: engineupdater.exe

2: drgdscupdater.exe

Furthermore I also tried installing "Creator_v6.2.0.111.exe"

I tried your suggested manual registering of the 4 DLL's that you referenced this didn't seem to make a difference. I still get the dreaded "Cannot Initialize API" problem.

I verified that both my dvd's are not plugged into a third part controller card.

My drives are both current on firmware. They are:

1. ATAPI DVD+RW 4X4X12

2. TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5112

I tried disabling both drives through the Device Manager and trying Creator Classic but I still get the error.

Thanks again for your assistance

The "Red Box" program is a re-release of Version 6, which does not have any updates. If you have "applied updates" that probably means either you regressed the program or corrupted the installation - assuming the updates did anything.

To "uninstall" a drive so that it will be re-recognized during a reboot is NOT disabling a drive, which as Jim says, is simply disabling the drive. It is as different between re-parking a car in the garage correctly, and removing the car from the garage and selling it.

Try reading thru this thread

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=29103

I think the ATAPI drive may be a burner; I'm sure someone will come gunning for me and let you know.

You may need to remove the program and clean it out completely before reinstalling; unfortunately the link to Roxizap has been removed and you will need to do a "clean install".

Lynn

Of course your Toshiba drive is a ROM and will never be able to burn anything…

Never trust the name Jim! :lol: I owned one, a re-bagged Mad Dog burner. :)

I would try Lynn's suggestion, clean uninstall and re-install first. Click my name, send message, I'll point you to the Roxio Zap!

Toshiba SD-R5112

Specifications

Model Name SD-R5112 Desktop

Supported Disc Formats Read:

DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-DA, CD+(E)G, CD-MIDI, CD-TEXT, CD-ROM XA, MIXED MODE CD, CD-I, CD-I Bridge (Photo-CD, Video-CD), Multi-session CD (Photo-CD, CD-EXTRA, Portfolio, CD-R, CD-RW), CD-R, CD-RW, High-Speed CD-RW

Write:

CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, High-Speed CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW

Interface ATAPI

Average Random Seek Time DVD: 120ms (Typ)

CD: 105ms (Typ)

Buffer Capacity 2 MB

MTBF 100,000 hours

Mounting Orientation Horizontal and Vertical

External Dimensions

(W x H x D) 146 mm x 41.5 mm x 189.5 mm (excluding bezel)

Weight 1.0 kg

cd

<snip>

Toshiba SD-R5112

Specifications

Model Name SD-R5112 Desktop

Supported Disc Formats Read:

DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-DA, CD+(E)G, CD-MIDI, CD-TEXT, CD-ROM XA, MIXED MODE CD, CD-I, CD-I Bridge (Photo-CD, Video-CD), Multi-session CD (Photo-CD, CD-EXTRA, Portfolio, CD-R, CD-RW), CD-R, CD-RW, High-Speed CD-RW

Write:

CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, High-Speed CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW

<snip>

cd

From that, I would say that DVD dash media (probably below a certain speed) would be recognized, and DVD plus media would be as unrecognizable as a frisbee.

Lynn

(probably below a certain speed)

I got the Mad Dog for $20, I could only find two disc's this drive would burn at 4X Taiyo Yuden -R and Ritek G 04 -R, everything else was 2X or worse 1X. The burn quality was very good tho.

cd

So Toon has two DVD burners, as he said. :)

Toon, if your Roxio program is still running, you should try the PX engine update which you access by clicking on #5 in cdanteek's signature. That has cured a great many systems where Roxio has failed to recognize people's drives.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived