• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Not Found Error -- Cd Creation

Syrallas

Question

Hi there,

Easy creator 10, deluxe version running normally on DVD creation aspects of program, but when I

try to create a music cd, I immediately get a "File not found" error asking for a .png file (starts with collage.png) Cancelling just brings on a host of other "png" files not found. You are, however, given the option to locate the missing file(s).

Does anyone know where the above-type files on the install disc itself is located, so I can browse the prompt to the missing file(s)? Repair option didn't help, and if I could avoid a clean install that would be preferable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

B'Ville, NY

Wow, I had not even considered that! I figured for sure it was the program trying to load a plug-in or something like that which did not make it onto my pc during the install.

I'm at work now, but will explore this when I get home.

Thanks, :) and I'll let you know.

Tom

B'Ville, NY

If I am reading Tom correctly, it is not when he tries to add a file but when he starts the program.

Tom: something else we need to know. Are you using Audio CD from the Home program or Music Disc Creator???

These are 2 completely different programs. Quick test, try the other one…

Also detail the step by step to get there as well as the full text of the error message. – There are 9 Collage_xxx.png files but absolutely nothing called "Collage.png".

Jim is correct -- its when I first double click the icon to get the program to run. Unfortunately, I can't get any more specific until I get home so it'll be a few hours. I do recall a whole series -- at least 12 -- of files not found. I can right-click the error message box and close it, but neither OK nor cancel will get rid of it.

I'll let you know exactly which program I am using when this error message happens when I get home. I will say this - I was trying to create a file for use as background music (?.wav) for a MyDVD project I'm working on when it happened.

If only I could install this program on my work PC ....

Tom

B'Ville, NY

OK, here is some additional info.:

When I open up "Music Disc Creator", it says:

File Not Found

Please Enter the Path to the Requested File

Collage_Top.png

Options are OK Cancel, as well as a button that does not say browse, but instead has an elipse (...). When the ... button is clicked, the program defaults to the following folder:

roxio/Music Disc Creator, with the "File Name Box" automatically filled in with "Collage_Top.png" , and the "Files of Type" box automatically filled in with "Track Art"

(BTW: no quotation marks in any of the boxes, I'm just putting them in here.)

When "cancel" is hit, you get the following, other, missing files:

Collage_PlayAll.png

Collage_shuffle.png

Collage_Browse.png

Collage_Top.png (again....)

Collage_Previous.png

Collage_Forward.png

Collage_Up.png

Collage_Home.png

Collage_Shuffle.png (again ....)

Collage_PlayAll.png

Collage_Track.png

Collage_Top.png

Collage_Previous.png

Collage_Forward.png

Collage_Up.png

Collage_Home.png and then ...

Graffiti_Top.png

... and then a whole bunch of "Graffiti_xxx.png" files, followed by: Pastels_xxx.png; SuperStar_xxx.png; and Western_xxx.png.

Once the "Western" series is "canceled" through, the "Roxio Music Creator - Untitled Project" screen opens up.

So, to me, a mere rookie, it seems like its looking for a Roxio based file or something.

Help! :blink:

:) Problem solved.

The above suggestions worked -- when I clicked on the "roxio content 10.msi" folder in the setup disc, I chose the repair option and no error messages when I opened the program! :rolleyes:

Thanks again to all who helped.

Tom

B'ville, NY

That seems to do the trick !

Is there anywhere I can drag and drop these folders into a specific folder in the program that is on my C: drive, or do I just point at each of the files individually (once you point it to the missing file, it opens the "Roxio Music Creator - Untitled Project" screen; rather than allow you to point it to the other missing files.

If I need to do it for all, that's fine -- you've been a big help -- but I didn't know if I could highlight the collage, graffiti, etc. files and drop it into an appropriate Roxio folder on my c: drive ....

Thanks again! :)

:) Problem solved.

The above suggestions worked -- when I clicked on the "roxio content 10.msi" folder in the setup disc, I chose the repair option and no error messages when I opened the program! :rolleyes:

Thanks again to all who helped.

Tom

B'ville, NY

High fives to you. I am glad you are up and running with the Content.

Did you actually install the Content? If not, you need to.

I'm not clear how I do that. When I browse to the file on the install disc that my program says is missing , I highlight the appropriate item on the install disc, click open & then OK, & I would think it would have permanently copied the file to my PC, but sadly, when I re-open the program, the exact same file, Collage_Top.png, is still "not found," even though its the precise path that I just pointed it to. :huh:

If there is a way to copy (say, using windows explorer) from the install disc to some sub-folder in the roxio folder, I'd give that a try, because pointing to it does not seem to work. :mellow:

The crazy thing is that it looks like these things are just images or something that I don't need, and when I cancel them all away, the program actually works fine. Its just that who the heck wants to cancel 40 or so times to start working on a project?

I'm not clear how I do that. When I browse to the file on the install disc that my program says is missing , I highlight the appropriate item on the install disc, click open & then OK, & I would think it would have permanently copied the file to my PC, but sadly, when I re-open the program, the exact same file, Collage_Top.png, is still "not found," even though its the precise path that I just pointed it to. :huh:

If there is a way to copy (say, using windows explorer) from the install disc to some sub-folder in the roxio folder, I'd give that a try, because pointing to it does not seem to work. :mellow:

The crazy thing is that it looks like these things are just images or something that I don't need, and when I cancel them all away, the program actually works fine. Its just that who the heck wants to cancel 40 or so times to start working on a project?

You can't "install" a single file from the Content disc - you have to install the whole package. Run the Content setup.exe program.

So basically re-install the program w/o getting rid of what's already on my computer, and assume that this time it will copy the missing files?

Do you have 2 CDs: a program disc and a content disc? If yes, did you ever install the Content disc?

Or do you only have a DVD labelled "Program & Content"?

Do you have 2 CDs: a program disc and a content disc? If yes, did you ever install the Content disc?

Or do you only have a DVD labelled "Program & Content"?

I only have one disc which I purchased as a "backup" in conjunction with an online download version of 10.0 which was an upgrade from the 9.0 pre-installed on my HP computer.

I only have one disc which I purchased as a "backup" in conjunction with an online download version of 10.0 which was an upgrade from the 9.0 pre-installed on my HP computer.

Browse that disc for the Content folder. In that Content folder will be either a setup.exe file or setup.msi file. Click on the setup file, if it is there. If not, click on the .msi file.

Browse that disc for the Content folder. In that Content folder will be either a setup.exe file or setup.msi file. Click on the setup file, if it is there. If not, click on the .msi file.

I remember looking for an .exe file in various folders last night and I didn't see one... but, I will look for either a setup.exe file or setup.msi file later today in the disc (I don't have the disc w/ me at work) and report back.

I appreciate everyone taking time to try and help me out on this matter.

Tom

B'Ville, NY

Hi there,

Easy creator 10, deluxe version running normally on DVD creation aspects of program, but when I

try to create a music cd, I immediately get a "File not found" error asking for a .png file (starts with collage.png) Cancelling just brings on a host of other "png" files not found. You are, however, given the option to locate the missing file(s).

Does anyone know where the above-type files on the install disc itself is located, so I can browse the prompt to the missing file(s)? Repair option didn't help, and if I could avoid a clean install that would be preferable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

B'Ville, NY

Are you running any 'Windows Live Messenger' and a plug-in for it?

cd

I remember looking for an .exe file in various folders last night and I didn't see one... but, I will look for either a setup.exe file or setup.msi file later today in the disc (I don't have the disc w/ me at work) and report back.

I appreciate everyone taking time to try and help me out on this matter.

Tom

B'Ville, NY

I don't think there is a setup.msi! look for a "Roxio Content 10.msi" file in the EMC 10 Content folder

Archived