List Of Supported Blu Ray Burners For Toast 9

MacElroy

Question

I've been searching for a list of Roxio 9 supported blu ray burners. Do anyone have a link?

Also, I've noticed a lot of people having a hard time burning blu ray video onto standard DVDs... Any luck with Blu ray discs? either BD-R or BD-RE?

Thanks

13 answers to this question

hi , i did burn a blu-ray movie from my folders from Vista 64 bit , with i have on my mac pro( used any dvd hd ) , it works perfect on my ps3 , power dvd and wind dvd9,menus , hd sound , and the best of all i erase the movie after i watchand burn next one and will watch again and again and again

and i used sony 25 gig re disc

Any update on this? This is the first time I have heard any admission that this drive doesn't work properly and it is the drive I have. LG GGW-H20L on a 2.66Ghz 2x dual core Mac Pro. Toast 9.0.2. System just hangs. Thanks in advance.

Ken

Thanks,

K

As far as I know its just the LG ones that don't work with Toast and SATA. The sony and pioneer ones do, but the LG is a much better drive for less money.

Mike

Curiosity more than anything, but how is the LG drive determined to be a better drive?

Any update on this? This is the first time I have heard any admission that this drive doesn't work properly and it is the drive I have. LG GGW-H20L on a 2.66Ghz 2x dual core Mac Pro. Toast 9.0.2. System just hangs. Thanks in advance.

Ken

Thanks,

K

The drive works just fine with Mac OS 10.5.2 using the disk utility tool. With the workaround of creating the Blu-Ray image with Toast, then actually burning with the Mac utility, everything works fine. There is some kind of incompatibility between the SATA interface of this drive and the current Toast 9.0.2 software.

Keith W.

As of now the LG GGW-H20L does not work with blu-ray disks if the drive is attached to the SATA bus in a Mac Pro. All other functions work with toast. But if the drive is connected with a SATA - USB adapter the blu-ray works just fine. Still waiting to hear from Roxio as to why it does not work using SATA.

Mike

Thanks for the info, I just went out and bought a blu ray drive, and guess what? it just so happens to be the exact drive you mention that does not work.

After a night of trying to get this thing to work, I just read your post.

The funny thing is.. Roxio customer service told me that every drive was compatible with their software... what a joke.

This is the email:

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# 540108)

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

Toast features dynamic drive recognition; every blu-ray burner that works with your Mac will work with Toast.

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update your webticket with a detailed explanation with the steps you have tried and any error messages you receive.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support

Do you think this will be addressed in future updates?

I wonder what new eggs policy is....

The Roxio guy Patatrox in a previous post said he was going to install this particular drive and see why it is not working on the MacPro SATA bus with blu-ray disks using Toast 8 and 9. Still waiting to hear back from him.

Mike

Is there some sort of enclosure I could buy and hook it up USB for the time being?

Curiosity more than anything, but how is the LG drive determined to be a better drive?

First of all it costs much less than comparable drives, it reads HD-DVD in addition to burning blu-ray, and one thing I really like about it is that it has lightscribe built in.

As for compatibility, as had been noted multiple time, the LG drive works in finder and disc copy even with blu-ray disks so we know it is not the drive that does not work with MacOS. The limitation is Toast does not work with the drive but only with blu-ray disks.

BTW, Patrick you mentioned long ago that you were going to install one of these drives in a mac pro to test it with toast. Did you ever do this? If not why not or if so did you confirm that it does not work and no fix is available yet. As for myself I would like to hear, yes it does not work with toast we confirmed it and are working on a solution, rather than hearing nothing from Roxio tech support about the LG blu-rays or tech support just saying it should work without ever testing it. I believe there are enough MacPro users in this and other forums that have confirmed that it indeed does not work and that Toast needs to be fixed to support it.

Mike

Archived